Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not going on, but would of been good to still have forster!!

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
Gus is manager and i have total respect for him, but as it stands we are lacking firepower, and we all know forster would have got 15 goals this term. Even a roll as a backup striker would of been good asset!. Seems with murray, forster plus a bigname striker, and barnes this :shrug:would of been a great strike force!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Can't we draw a line under this now? He threw his toys out of the pram and is quite rightly gone. It's really not worth worrying about anymore.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
And Bobby Zamora and Garry Nelson and Andy Ritchie and Peter Ward..... but, wait, the club managed to carry on without them, maybe, just maybe we'll cope with out Mr Forster too.

.... Look to the future, it's only just begun!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Not bothered. Grateful for his service and he will always be a legend despite the acrimonious end to his career with us.

Also, I am absolutely certain that if he'd got his head down and worked to the end of the season he would still be with us. He didn't and he isn't.

Sadly he's gone but we have funds available to sign someone who scores goals, isn't 36 and stays onside to lets look forward to that, eh?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And Bobby Zamora and Garry Nelson and Andy Ritchie and Peter Ward..... but, wait, the club managed to carry on without them, maybe, just maybe we'll cope with out Mr Forster too.

We did a shit job of "carrying on" once Garry Nelson was let go. It was literally all down hill from that moment.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Not bothered. Grateful for his service and he will always be a legend despite the acrimonious end to his career with us.

Also, I am absolutely certain that if he'd got his head down and worked to the end of the season he would still be with us. He didn't and he isn't.

Sadly he's gone but we have funds available to sign someone who scores goals, isn't 36 and stays onside to lets look forward to that, eh?

Good post.
Let's just hope that the new striker is in place for the Portugal trip.
Twill be a good time for them all to bond.:O

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You can't make that kind of judgment until we see what other strikers come into the squad and how the ones already in it perform during the season.

So wait til next April.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
We did a shit job of "carrying on" once Garry Nelson was let go. It was literally all down hill from that moment.

John Byrne, Mike Small? I know what you're saying, but we're still here, we made it through the wilderness and we're now in probably as strong a position as we've ever been in as a club, potentially anyway. Nicky Forster was a great player for us, but so were so many other players and they all have a shelf-life.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You can't make that kind of judgment until we see what other strikers come into the squad and how the ones already in it perform during the season.

So wait til next April.

Pah, we'll know after 15 mins whether he's gonna be Shite or a Legend. TCB will let us know :thumbsup:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Yes, and they were not all over the hill either! These sad people really should move on and realise that "old scraps" like Forster are not the way forward for our Club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here