Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich to come back for Bennett

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As far as I'm aware WJ's track record on transfers is as good and as bad as everybody else's and being our resident journo doesn't make for any more accuracy than the Daily Star. In this case a revised bid by Norwich is as predictable as our going back for Will Hoskins. which means that either may happen and either may not. Hoskins' price will have fallen following relegation. Benno's price will have gone up

Sensible post shock! Completely agree with you SG

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As far as I'm aware WJ's track record on transfers is as good and as bad as everybody else's and being our resident journo doesn't make for any more accuracy than the Daily Star.

True, of course.

None of what I post is made up though. It all comes from decent sources*

Football is football. Full of rumours and things going on behind the scenes, the majority of which never comes to anything.

Just sharing any titbits I hear.

*Apart from the Wilson Naoise-Zapata Peruvian wonderkid rumour which I made up to see if The Argus copied it...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hope he stays.
I hope that if he goes, we get a good fee for him and not a pittance like we did with Andrew Crofts.
We need to treat up and coming players fairly. If they think we are likely to do the right thing fro them if they get a good offer to progress, then they are far more likely to join us, and be happy whilst they are with us.
We may have some money, but not enough to stop us being a "selling club" if the right offer comes along. Financially, it is a good way for the Club to progress, if we find, develop and ultimately sell players for a good profit.

At the time, 300k was superb business for Crofts.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
True, of course.

None of what I post is made up though. It all comes from decent sources*

Football is football. Full of rumours and things going on behind the scenes, the majority of which never comes to anything.

Just sharing any titbits I hear.

*Apart from the Wilson Naoise-Zapata Peruvian wonderkid rumour which I made up to see if The Argus copied it...

Its not really fact then is it, unless you've heard this directly from someone involved in Norwich City Football Club (and even then it might not be fact). I expect you're right but at the moment your 'fact' is just based on supposition.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Did they?

No, but a mate at a different newspaper emailed me to ask if I knew who this Peru kid Brighton were after was.

Honestly, any lower league transfer rumour appearing in a national newspaper take with a MASSIVE pinch of salt. Friends who work at them say most are guesswork.

Its not really fact then is it, unless you've heard this directly from someone involved in Norwich City Football Club (and even then it might not be fact). I expect you're right but at the moment your 'fact' is just based on supposition.

I know it is a fact. Whether Bloom tells them to not even bother making a bid is another matter. Norwich still want to sign Bennett.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Honestly, any lower league transfer rumour appearing in a national newspaper take with a MASSIVE pinch of salt. Friends who work at them say most are guesswork.

I know it is a fact. Whether Bloom tells them to not even bother making a bid is another matter. Norwich still want to sign Bennett.

Is there an apparent disparity between these two statements?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Bennett to nufc

By the same token as we have considered other theories, NU wanted Beno earlier in the season at a time when they were seeking to consolidate their promotion push. Now that they have that promotion, will they still wish to acquire Beno's services given that, for EB it is now a step-up to the Premier League rather than the Championship.

With a bit of luck, and Elliot's positive noises, he will hopefully still be here in August.

Al

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If both parties can agree a fee then I have no probs with this. Will be sad to see Benno go but it is a chance of Prem League footy. At least for one season anyway. One thing is for sure, Im sure Bloom will squeeze Norwich for all he can.

I would be more annoyed if he went to a Championship club (like West Ham SAY)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
By the same token as we have considered other theories, NU wanted Beno earlier in the season at a time when they were seeking to consolidate their promotion push. Now that they have that promotion, will they still wish to acquire Beno's services given that, for EB it is now a step-up to the Premier League rather than the Championship.

With a bit of luck, and Elliot's positive noises, he will hopefully still be here in August.

Al

Think you've got the wrong club. Newcastle weren't going for promotion this year. Try Norwich.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Just imagine if someone with a low post count had started this thread, all hell would break loose

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
As i've said before i'm more worried about a team coming down from the Prem coming after him.
Given the squad slashing the likes of West Ham, Wigan, Birmingham & Wolves would have to make players like Benno would fit the bill for them perfectly.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Crofts and Benno - Slade's signing - you have to take your hat off to slade who obv has a good scouting network.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Very predictable and almost certainly complete and utter bollocks once again. Here comes the summer.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I would be surprised if Norwich want a player wholly unproven above League One for their first season back in the Premier League.
Why not? They've built their team mostly with "unproven" players (much like us in fact), if they see the ability to play at that level it doesn't matter if they have before or not.

If they do come back for him it will be hard to say no, in Jan we were going for promotion, and they were Championship. But it's harder to deny players the chance to play at the top level, and you couldn't blame him for going.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Why not? They've built their team mostly with "unproven" players (much like us in fact), if they see the ability to play at that level it doesn't matter if they have before or not.

If they do come back for him it will be hard to say no, in Jan we were going for promotion, and they were Championship. But it's harder to deny players the chance to play at the top level, and you couldn't blame him for going.

I wouldn't blame him in the slightest for going, he'd go with my best wishes and clearly IF Norwich are after him they will get him. But that is a huge if in my opinion for the reasons you quoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here