Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich to come back for Bennett

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not that it means anything but I think most fans were desperate for Bennett to help us up to the Championship and were willing, at the time, for us to let him leave in the close season if that is what he still wanted. Who knows, Bloom may have kept his head straight for the run in by agreeing to this?

If he wants to go and the price is right, we should now let him imo.

I'm hoping he wants to stay though..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If they do, I can see the club selling him. We didn't stand in Croft's way when he went up a division, and I don't think the club would prevent Bennett from playing in the Premiership. He's done his stint in getting us promoted.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I would be surprised if Norwich want a player wholly unproven above League One for their first season back in the Premier League.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If they come in and offer the right money we cant stand in his way. Real pity though.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
All the interviews with Benno that I've seen in the last few weeks suggest a player who will be in a Brighton shirt next season, because he wants to be and knows he is still learning. Under Gus's tutelage he will blossom into a player who will be a Premiership performer for the bulk of his career, whether with us or another club.

But I'm of the view Tony will tell them where to get off, given that we are not desperate for the money IF they actually do come back for him. Bit too early in his career in my view. I am, of course, biased :amex:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Murray said he was off to Palace when out on Saturday night, no idea if he was joking or not. Shouldn't stand in Bennett's way if Norwich do come back, but would want at least 2 mil.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
This is no real surprise to be honest and although it appears Elliott has put the January episode behind him and seems committed to the club, the pull of the Premier League may prove too much.

I just hope that we make them pay big quids for him. I was slightly annoyed that we nearly lost him for close on £1m as I think he is worth much more to us than that...And then to learn they are reportedly willing to part with around £3m for Craig McKail-Smith makes an even more of a mockery of their valuation of Bennett.

If they were/are happy to chuck £3m Peterborough for CMS then we should expect at least the same. Personally I would stick a price tag on him of the like of McKail-Smith so it creates a win-win situation, we either get to keep him or get a hefty fee. Maybe we could even get an agent to do us a favour for a change and invent some imaginary interest from the likes of Bolton or Stoke to help drive up the fee.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would be surprised if Norwich want a player wholly unproven above League One for their first season back in the Premier League.

This

All the interviews with Benno that I've seen in the last few weeks suggest a player who will be in a Brighton shirt next season, because he wants to be and knows he is still learning. Under Gus's tutelage he will blossom into a player who will be a Premiership performer for the bulk of his career, whether with us or another club.

But I'm of the view Tony will tell them where to get off, given that we are not desperate for the money IF they actually do come back for him. Bit too early in his career in my view. I am, of course, biased :amex:

And this.

Personally I reckon Benno will be wearing the stripes again next season at The Amex. Good pre-match interview with him on SCR on Saturday in which he was making all the right noises about looking forward to the first game at The Amex etc...

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I really appreciate coming onto this board, so the resident Super Fans can tell us Little Folk what's really going on with the players behind the scenes.

It really is a valuable public service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here