Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich - thickest fans in the division?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I couldn't make the game but I listened on the radio. I've always believed that a decent football supporter has a combination of the following:

a) Passion for the game
b) Loyalty to the club
c) Thorough knowldege of the rules
d) Realistic appreciation of what is going on on the pitch

From what I heard last night, the Norwich fans may have had plenty of a) and b) but when it comes to c) and d) the tank was definitely empty.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Fair play to them they turned up in great numbers on a Tuesday night and made plenty of noise, but I have absolutely no idea why they were having a go at the ref at half time, when they were all over us and winning 2-0.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Listening to the Radio Norfolk phone in, I would say that they were thick as shit.
It was pitiful. I switched it off.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I know most phone ins leave a lot to be desired, but the presenters on there last night coupled with the first two callers truly gave inbreeding a bad name.
If its available on listen again I strongly recommend you DON'T

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Norwich board today is full of people admitting that at least one, and possibly two of their players were very lucky not to be sent off last night in the melee. The ref could have done anything, four reds, a couple apiece, and you couldn't have argued. Three yellows for the incident seemed lenient.

Bravo

Nov 24, 2009
Listening to the Radio Norfolk phone in, I would say that they were thick as shit.
It was pitiful. I switched it off.

Norwich fan here. I felt I had to respond.

To be fair, if you're judging us from 'Canary Call', I'd have to agree with you. Last night's was a particularly bad. (No, that's not true, last night's was about typical).

I'm not sure what it is about radio phone-ins that attracts the dimmest of Norwich supporters.

This is a good example from 606:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siFBGPERuJg

(He's so 'Normal for Norfolk' that many NC fans think it's someone on a wind up).

In our defence, there are some brainy Norwich fans - I give you Stephen Fry as an example (beat that Brighton and Hove Albion!)

It's a great club to support. As someone said, 19,000 season tickets sold and regular attendances of 24 -25,000. As the only club in the city, the community thing is really big. And people are really starting to enjoy their football again since our nightmare start.

Any chance you could 'do a Southampton' on Colchester/Charlton/Huddersfield? We'd be really grateful!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here