Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich fan in peace

CanaryAdam

Jan 22, 2011
I know you are probably sick of Norwich at the minute and want us to stop hassling you but I posting to let you know we are still after Bennett, confirmed by Lambert.

city/norwich_city_boss_lambert_happy_to_bide_his_time_in_bennett_race_1_781426[/URL]

Honestly, I still expected us to be in for him after signing Lansbury as they are two completely different players but I can't see why we want to spend so much on a player who will be sitting on the bench most weeks as we play a very narrow system and he won't keep Hoolahan out of the side.
It is looking though that if we do sign Bennett, then McNamee will most likely being going your way either on loan or permanently. Trust me, if you sign him then this would definetly soften the blow as he is another quality winger. watch him in the higlights against Swansea or Southend last season.

Good luck to you for the rest of the season but hope we don't see you next year as we are trying to get into the Prem.

OTBC

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Nothing new there and nothing to suggest how old that comment is, looks like the same thing he was saying last week when we told Norwich to go elsewhere. Journalist trying to keep the story alive by the looks of it. He's staying at Brighton is the word on the streets down here so carry on looking Norwich.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"We made an enquiry and that’s where it is at the minute. I have spoken to (Brighton manager) Gus (Poyet) so we just have to wait and see. I can’t comment on somebody else’s player at the minute"

Then stop talking about him you twat

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
"We made an enquiry and that’s where it is at the minute. I have spoken to (Brighton manager) Gus (Poyet) so we just have to wait and see. I can’t comment on somebody else’s player at the minute"

Exactly! He has spoken to Gus and I would imagine it went like this:-

Lambert: Hi Gus, can I buy Elliott Bennett off you?
Gus: Hi Paul, NO.
Lambert: Oh go on please.
Gus: No
Lambert: Pretty please we will pay you £600k
Gus: hahahahahahahahahahahaha............NO. Goodbye Paul.
(phone goes dead)
Lambert: Hello..........hello.......Gus?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Norwich can't afford him, TB has made sure of that I believe. It will take a bigger club than ickle Norwich to prise Bennett away.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

0.jpg

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Norwich can't afford him, TB has made sure of that I believe. It will take a bigger club than ickle Norwich to prise Bennett away.

Bang on, Norwich thought they might get him for a pittance prob around £250-350,000 unfortunately his age and new contract and sell on clause mean he is well out of Norwich's price range who aren't exactly flush anyway with conservative estimates putting their debt at around £20 million!! If they are not careful they will be the next Pompey, SCC etc.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Lambert is a dick if he thinks 1 million is enough.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Exactly! He has spoken to Gus and I would imagine it went like this:-

Lambert: Hi Gus, can I buy Elliott Bennett off you?
Gus: Hi Paul, NO.
Lambert: Oh go on please.
Gus: No
Lambert: Why?
Gus: Eeees complicated

Lambert: Pretty please we will pay you £600k
Gus: hahahahahahahahahahahaha............NO. Goodbye Paul.
(phone goes dead)
Lambert: Hello..........hello.......Gus?

Now I believe it.

CanaryAdam

Jan 22, 2011
We have up to £2.5 million to spend in January, we have spent roughly £700k of it already so we have enough but we are also after Morrison.
Do we think we are Barcelona? Reading most of the comments on tis board you would think that you are... smh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here