Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northampton vs Brighton - Johnstone Paint Trophy Draw

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I wish they would just f* ck this crap competition off

I say that every year once we are knocked out, I would love to win it and have a day at Wembley.

I wonder how seriously Micky will take it, a real loss leader in the early rounds, especially if we get a home tie.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mickey Mouse stuff in comparison to the Man City game, I'd rather beat Man City than progress in this crap cup

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I've never liked this tournament one bit. Yes it is good to win a trophy but it isn't worth the amount of games it takes to get there.

The amount of games caught up on the team last year and the competition should be used for the reserves i feel.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
It's not a Mickey Mouse cup at all, it's another cup to try and do as well as we can in.

So many people are extremely fickle when it comes to this competition. If we're doing well in, or progressing further, it's a great cup, if we get knocked out, it'll be something along the lines of: 'well it was only a Mickey Mouse cup anyway.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...it's another cup to try and do as well as we can in.

My feelings too. I want us to go as far as we can in every Cup competition including this one.

It's hardly ever at the expense of the League as the winning MK Dons team proved last season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'd play a largely second string side in this competition. You don''t really reap any financial reward until the area finals.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not a Mickey Mouse cup at all, it's another cup to try and do as well as we can in.

So many people are extremely fickle when it comes to this competition. If we're doing well in, or progressing further, it's a great cup, if we get knocked out, it'll be something along the lines of: 'well it was only a Mickey Mouse cup anyway.

The money and prestige that is gained by progressing in this competition and possible winning it is worth the effort. Plus it can give the opportunity to play fringe players in place of the slightly injured to give them match practice.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cannot WAIT

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

What is the best crowd we've ever drawn in this cup? I can honestly say that not a single game over the years has excited me a 1/10th as much as the Man City game.

It was Mickey Mouse when it was the Sherpa Van trophy and it still is imo.

I'd like to see it used as a cup competition for the reserves regardless of how far we get. Good experience and it doesn't matter a jot if we lose.

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007
Isn't it against the rules to field a reserve team? I thought there was some silly rule meaning teams have to play a certain amount of first team players and i do believe if you don't meet these requirements there is a fine. I think luton got fined for this one season??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here