Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I asked this in a different thread but only got a couple replies. Are most of you more vocal supporters going to be in the North Stand even with the no alcohol? I got a family member getting my season ticket on Wednesday and I want to make sure I'm in the right place. :falmer:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
North Stand will definitely be loud, which is why I'm going in there. I do not want to sit / stand with a bunch of doormice. There won't be any moaners in there, whingeing about too much singing, unlike in other parts of the stadium. One thing's guaranteed, the whole stadium will be noisier than Withdean :clap2:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There won't be any moaners in there.

This isn't meant to be an attempt at a binfest starter, but how do you know that?

Not for one moment am I getting into this ridiculous WSU vs North argument, which is truly bonkers as it's not a competition, but as I can see it you could EASILY be unfortunate enough to be stuck in front of someone who intends to sit down and watch the game without continuously singing. It may just be that the "behind the goal" view is their favorite so that's why they sat there.

Last edited:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Dunno where you got the no alcohol thing from. The supporters bar is in the North Stand

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This isn't meant to be an attempt at a binfest starter, but how do you know that?

Not for one moment am I getting into this ridiculous WSU vs North argument, which is truly bonkers as it's not a competition, but as I can see it you could EASILY be unfortunate enough to be stuck in front of someone who intends to sit down and watch the game without continuously singing. It may just be that the "behind the goal" view is their favorite so that's why they sat there.

This.

I don't give a hoot where you sit. Just buy a ticket and ROAR the stripes into the Premiership!! RAAARRRRR!!!!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I hope to be able to sit and watch the game in the comfort of my own seat in the North Stand in complete silence as befitting a new stadium.

Seemly WSU is where the noise will be made.....which is well away from the North Stand thank goodness!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I asked this in a different thread but only got a couple replies. Are most of you more vocal supporters going to be in the North Stand even with the no alcohol? I got a family member getting my season ticket on Wednesday and I want to make sure I'm in the right place. :falmer:

Get yourself in the North stand fella, will deffo be the most vocal. I don't care what anyone says about singers and old north standers (goldstone) going in the WSU, as soon as you get some old doris or the bobble hat brigade looking at you like you've got two heads when a song starts up it'll kill any atmosphere dead just like it did at withdean.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

Mate there will be plenty of noise in the north, and from what Martin Perry told me, the regulations will be somewhat more relaxed here regarding standing compared to the rest of the stadium. Oh and there is a bar on the concourse !

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
T'will be the North Stand's Slade to the West Stand Upper's Showaddywaddy: very much a case of 'Stand up, Sing up' rather than 'Sit down, shut up':amex:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Mate there will be plenty of noise in the north, and from what Martin Perry told me, the regulations will be somewhat more relaxed here regarding standing compared to the rest of the stadium. Oh and there is a bar on the concourse !

That isnt what we were told at the presentation. It was said that the back 4 rows would be allowed to stand but the rest would be made to sit. personally i couldn't care less.:falmer:

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
076513_9274a85e.jpg

THE NORTH STAND
1984 - 1997
2011 - Forever

We'll never desert you!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

That is indeed true. I think I'm just hoping there won't be any moaners in there, a great big utopian love-in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here