Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand goal again

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Serious issue if, like me, you sit in line with the penalty spot at the south end; although we do have Calderons goal against Bristol City to keep us contented.

It's the complete opposite for me, it's an absolute joy for me to see the ball smashing the back of the net, being directly behind the goal :p

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For us:

8 goals at the south end (Blackpool, Peterborough, Palace, Barnsley, Coventry, Coventry, Bristol, Sunderland)

18 at the North end (Doncaster, Doncaster, Blackpool, Peterborough, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Barnsley, Forest, Southampton, Southampton, Southampton, Bristol, Wrexham, Newcastle, Gillingham, Liverpool, Newcastle)

For our opponents: 10 in the north, 5 in the south.

Last edited:

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
It's cause the team know where the "real" Albion fans are.

In the North of course. So they score down our end to keep us happy ;-)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For us:

7 goals at the south end (Blackpool, Peterborough, Barnsley, Coventry, Coventry, Bristol, Sunderland)

18 at the North end (Doncaster, Doncaster, Blackpool, Peterborough, Leeds, Leeds, Leeds, Barnsley, Forest, Southampton, Southampton, Southampton, Bristol, Wrexham, Newcastle, Gillingham, Liverpool, Newcastle)

So 28 in total for the North, 12 in the South.

Does the pitch slope or summink ?

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
I reckon there's more action in the Northwest corner of the pitch. Or is that just cos I'm a miserable git sitting in the south east corner? :dunce:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
For us:

7 goals at the south end (Blackpool, Peterborough, Barnsley, Coventry, Coventry, Bristol, Sunderland)

Im in the WSL(South) and have only missed Coventry & Sunderland. So that's 18 to 4 for me! :(

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
For us:

Macca scored in the north in the palace game

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
For us:

Did I miss something yesterday?!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
For us:

8 goals at the south end (Blackpool, Peterborough, Palace, Barnsley, Coventry, Coventry, Bristol, Sunderland)

Poor effort.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For us:

Screwed up that edit, and now it's too late.

For us:

North 18
Doncaster 2
Blackpool 1
Peterborough 1
Leeds 3
Palace 1
Barnsley 1
Forest 1
Southampton 3
Bristol 1
Wrexham 1
Newcastle 1
Gillingham 1
Liverpool 1

South 7
Blackpool 1
Peterborough 1
Barnsley 1
Coventry 2
Bristol 1
Sunderland 1

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Is this just not more goals scored in 2nd half as we usually kick towards the north goal in 2nd half, teams tiring, clever substitutions etc etc?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not wishing to appear smug or anything, but this is the precise reason we chose seats at the North end of the WSU.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is this just not more goals scored in 2nd half as we usually kick towards the north goal in 2nd half, teams tiring, clever substitutions etc etc?

No, the opposition score more goals in the North End too. Remember the Palace game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here