Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Chat

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
How seriously do you take NSC?

I see people getting really really wound up by HB&B and WW starting threads, people getting wound up when a player or the manager gets some abuse, people come on here to brag about how much of a superfan they are and then you get people who come on here just to have a laugh and a bit of a wind up.

What kind of poster are YOU??

Personally I dont get wound up by anything on here as it is ONLY a message board and the vast majority of people Ive never met!!

And I also do confess to enjoying a bit of a wind up from time to time.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The best way to treat it, is as a big old pub.

We're all drinking, we're at varying stages of sobriety, at various ages, and of various backgrounds. Occasionally, you hear something of genuine interest or insight down the pub, but most of the time it's full of drunken blokes talking shit or trying to wind each other up.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
The best way to treat it, is as a big old pub.

We're all drinking, we're at varying stages of sobriety, at various ages, and of various backgrounds. Occasionally, you hear something of genuine interest or insight down the pub, but most of the time it's full of drunken blokes talking shit or trying to wind each other up.

you are right to a degree, however thing is mate, if this WERE a real pub, i would have no doubt knocked a couple of people the f*** out long ago!! :blush:

and i'm sure that it would be kicking off quite a lot. Add to that, if it were a pub i'm sure 80% of the little KENTS posting would wind their necks right in. f***ing keyboard warriors.

:)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Most of my mates take the piss out of the stuff posted on here that is non football related. We've all seen the types in H block and generally they are viewed like the geeks were at school.

Nothing to get wound up about

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's a mountainous, towering forum of wind up and bullshit binfestery.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
you are right to a degree, however thing is mate, if this WERE a real pub, i would have no doubt knocked a couple of people the f*** out long ago!! :blush:

and i'm sure that it would be kicking off quite a lot. Add to that, if it were a pub i'm sure 80% of the little KENTS posting would wind their necks right in. f***ing keyboard warriors.

:)

Aren't you telling it as it is. BTW you would never have the nerve to start on me..soldier boy!

:jester:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

True, but I guess if faced up to someone the opinions (wind-up or not) would be a little less extreme. Easy to wind someone up a bit further when you are not starring them in the eye and they have a bottle in their hand.

But you get the gist of what I mean. Basically, you will occasionally have a meaningful discussion, or find out a nugget of info, but generally you take it all about as seriously as anything you hear which starts with "A bloke in the pub told me ...."

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
True, but I guess if faced up to someone the opinions (wind-up or not) would be a little less extreme. Easy to wind someone up a bit further when you are not starring them in the eye and they have a bottle in their hand.

But you get the gist of what I mean. Basically, you will occasionally have a meaningful discussion, or find out a nugget of info, but generally you take it all about as seriously as anything you hear which starts with "A bloke in the pub told me ...."

Is correct imho

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I treat NSC sort of like a pub (to talk shit), but also as a source of information. As I don't live near enough to see matches regularly NSC enables me to get opinions off of people that have actually been to the matches.

It also helps me pass the boredom between 8.30 and 5 on work days. I can only claim to know one poster off NSC (probably the most abused poster in NSC history) and it does not fuss me that I do not really know anyone else.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
İbrahim Tatlıses;2672782 said:
I find myself cringing rather than getting angry at NSC, which is a shame because anger is far more productive. Instead I sigh to myself and refrain from posting (most of the time) to all the angry geekage.

I think it's more of an internet thing as opposed to a BHAFC thing, but NSC is now home to some VERY sad individuals. It's a shame 'cos NSC used to be a quality board with some quality people and I don't know whether it's the sign of the times or what, but now it really is pretty shit here. I think to you lot it's known as a "binfest".

Spot on, sadly.

Very occasionally there is a shaft of light that pierces the gloom, but it is far more rare than it should be, and I find myself visiting less often and enjoying it less too.

It doesn't reflect how I feel about the Albion or going to matches.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think its great, its often first for news regarding current affairs as well as all things Albion, there is loads of stuff I maybe would have missed out on seeing/hearing about if it wasnt for NSC.

I think its great it goes from sensible stuff to just ridiculous toilet humour, if it was all Albion, and saying how good everything was, then it would be BORING.

I do find it weird though that we can know so much about each others personal lives without actually ever meeting. But its up to people to open themselves out to everyone else, but again it makes this board much more interesting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here