Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North corners

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
how? ??? Ive always thought that theres room for 35000, somewhere in the ground.

I would guess he means by using smaller seats so in effect have 1.3 smaller seats per one large soft one. Problem being is it was involve getting around the planning permision of no more than 32k in an event. It would also be a waste of all 31,700 big soft seats.

Fire regs also dictate no one can be more than 14 seats from an aisle, without special permision from the fire brigade which may be do able on a row or two but not a whole stand.

The easiest way I can see would be to have less leg room and push the rows back allowing for a few extra rows. However I'm not sure the expense would justify it.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I would guess he means by using smaller seats so in effect have 1.3 smaller seats per one large soft one. Problem being is it was involve getting around the planning permision of no more than 32k in an event. It would also be a waste of all 31,700 big soft seats.

Fire regs also dictate no one can be more than 14 seats from an aisle, without special permision from the fire brigade which may be do able on a row or two but not a whole stand.

The easiest way I can see would be to have less leg room and push the rows back allowing for a few extra rows. However I'm not sure the expense would justify it.

Completely this! the expense wouldn't make it worth the hassle, all that will happen is tickets will get progressively more expensive until the club find the tipping point that fans are willing to pay. My preference would always be to have tickets selling out every game rather than prices being too high to fill the seats.

Also more fans means more people buying merchandise and such, once we are in the premiership our turnover will rocket due to sponsorship money. I'm sure I've heard recently that premiership teams only generate about 20% of their revenue from ticket sales

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Completely this! the expense wouldn't make it worth the hassle, all that will happen is tickets will get progressively more expensive until the club find the tipping point that fans are willing to pay. My preference would always be to have tickets selling out every game rather than prices being too high to fill the seats.

premiership teams only generate about 20% of their revenue from ticket sales

Really, Ive read that the capacity of grounds such as Anfield, is one of the reasons why Liverpool are finding it hard to compete.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We are stuck with a 32k capacity which is much better than 9k at Withdean. This will be BHA's home long after we have gone so no chance it will increase further in our lifetime

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
The only way I can see capacity "easily" being expanded is by sinking the pitch and adding 4/5 more rows? Effectively brings the seating closer to the pitch.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I'm sure at some point in the future safe standing will be allowed which apparently adds another half onto the capacity of whichever stand is change to it. That'll be more than enough :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would guess he means by using smaller seats so in effect have 1.3 smaller seats per one large soft one.
You don't need smaller seats, I think the ones we have are over an inch apart and on rails, you can just bunch them closer together.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I have thought this for a while, I'd have loved to have seen a 25,000 seater stadium that could have been expanded to 40,000 fairly easily

Transportation can't cope!

I'm sure I've heard recently that premiership teams only generate about 20% of their revenue from ticket sales

Correct, or thereabouts (as an average). [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] can quote precisely from Deloitte report.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Really, Ive read that the capacity of grounds such as Anfield, is one of the reasons why Liverpool are finding it hard to compete.

Yes, with teams that have a realistic chance of being in the Champions League. I'm all for ambition but the dream of Brighton winning the title is long gone. At best, we'd be more of an Everton I think who could break in there but only through exceptional management.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The only way I can see capacity "easily" being expanded is by sinking the pitch and adding 4/5 more rows? Effectively brings the seating closer to the pitch.

This wouldn't work as the site lines only just allow you to see the touching from the west upper and the east upper, so you wouldn't be able to see half of the pitch from both of those areas if it were lowered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here