Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North corners

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Top of the league and a state of the art stadium and still they moan and whinge :facepalm:. FFS get a grip, watch the football legaue highlights and look at the other half empty grounds and rubbish stadiums and realise just how lucky you are.

Let the Board get on with running the club (which they are doing brilliantly) and trying to maximise income and if there are a few empty seats for games - big deal it won't spoil my enjoyment.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
but we would have to maintain 35k crowds for years for it to even break even with the amount it would cost to expand to that capacity.

Maybe, maybe not? How do you know? [I'm not saying I know BTW]

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
If somebody had told me just two years ago that by the second season at Falmer we'd have around 23,000 season ticket holders and be expanding to 30,750 I'd have thought them a tad over-optimistic.

All this without any sort of campaign to attract new fans.

And though many people in Sussex may say they support a London team, how many actually bother to go and see them on a regular basis? Two or three thousand perhaps, mostly in the North of the county would be my guess. Anecdotes I've read on NSC makes me think there are plenty of frequent visitors to the Amex who would not say Brighton are their No 1 team.

Besides which every year there are about 17,500 births in the county. It's up to us and the club to make them see the light. I've done my bit. Both my girls are in Gully's gang.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Have you both discounted clubs from London? Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Fulham, QPR and all the other clubs in the area which will attract football spectators away from Sussex to watch a game?

It is very easy to travel there for games by train and they have an established fan base which will include people from Sussex (long term supporters or those who we lost during the bad old days) - we are trying to build up our fan base again after years of financial difficulties and playing in a run down Goldstone Ground, Gillingham and then Withdean but fan loyalty may mean we are unable to convert them.
You been snorting some?
Christ all this bollocks about a missing generation is complete utter bollocks,our database including the away members has always been very big regardless of withdean,if we're missing a generation so to speak then surely we need a 50k stadium yeah?we get 25k+,we offer no discounts like "kid for a quid",category listed games etc etc,these are what other clubs offer regularly .If we was to offer these deals we would be inundated with ticket applicants end of,we're also expensive to watch compared to many clubs,our matchday fans pay hideous amounts aswell and we basically sell all these aswell.

Nuff said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here