Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North corners

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yep, that's why it's in only in the "further afield" bit.
If we get to the EPL and they go bust we could pick up a few fans from there, but it's never gonna be a BHA hotbed.

Would you want them 8ace ? Yuck .. don’t know where they've been.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Thing about Brighton's large catchment area is that the towns and villages of Sussex aren't a traditional football hotbed. You can't really compare it with industrial cities with a large working class population who traditionally made
up a large proportion of football spectators. The demographic has changed significantly in the past 15 years, but I think to suggest that we'd need anything more than 30k (or whatever the exact figure is) anytime in the near future is getting ahead of ourselves.

Having said that, if it ever did become necessary, then I'm sure that there'd be a solution. Just look at what they've done at old trafford.
We're getting close to 30k already without playing any big games,wait til the 2nd half of the season when we chase the playoffs and when we play palace etc,most crowds are smaller this time of the year and we're averaging 25k already.

If we get to the prem 40k would be spot on:)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The vomitory in the NE corner is in
A3vkTlSCMAA9ZZ0.jpg
there is also another one taking shape right behind it, next to the NS

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Wiki: Birmingham: Its metropolitan area is also the United Kingdom's second most populous with 3,683,000 residents. Leicester isn't included in that.
I disagree, but I hope I'm wrong. Sussex isn't exactly all ours. Many people in Sussex will be closer to Portsmouth, and to the north their close to London clubs and Crawley. I'm not suggesting we have a nothing catchment area, but I don't think it's as many per club as the Birmingham clubs.
Your wrong,we have hardly any competition and south kent is also in our catchment area like south surrey.Massive catchment area which is better than the birmingham area,loads of clubs round there and lots more ethnics that are not that common at footy matches.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes we do

No we don't. The Birmingham game hasn't sold out completely yet and we are doing well at the top of the table. If we get promoted then I can see the ground selling out for a couple of seasons but after that I think attendances would drop slightly as we languish mid table for years on end (if we're lucky)

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
People will always want to watch Premier league Football...not mention the proximity, of Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Fulham, West Ham, QPR, Southampton (and the local United fans...)...in the Premier League.

Birmingham game looks pretty sold out...from the tickets site

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i would MUCH prefer us to have a stadium that was always FULL at 30k, than having swathes of atmosphere-killing empty seats if we had 35k in a 40k seater. IF we ever hit a bad run and get relegated into league one, having a 40k stadium will look very silly indeed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i would MUCH prefer us to have a stadium that was always FULL at 30k, than having swathes of atmosphere-killing empty seats if we had 35k in a 40k seater. IF we ever hit a bad run and get relegated into league one, having a 40k stadium will look very silly indeed.

With u there how many stadia do u see on tv with banks of empty seats ...the final capacity seems perfect to me

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
No we don't. The Birmingham game hasn't sold out completely yet and we are doing well at the top of the table. If we get promoted then I can see the ground selling out for a couple of seasons but after that I think attendances would drop slightly as we languish mid table for years on end (if we're lucky)

It's a very valid point. What if we don't get promoted, Gus fucks off, we get relegated and find ourselves back in Lg1 struggling to come back up? Last time around (under McGhee) the fans got bored very quickly and this was the really shit crowds at Withdean rival fans love to dig us about....... 30 thousand seater gonna look pretty daft 1/3 full

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here