Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North corners

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Personally, I think that Tony et al have got it about right in terms of capacity. Now, if we get to the promised land, who knows? Raise the roof (literally)!?

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
It would have been nice to have the option, just in case. But we're not a big city, I don't imagine there's an equivalent sized town with 40 thousand fans going, and making the stadium capable of taking more fans would have meant compromising how it is with 30k.

I agree with city size etc but we do have a big catchment area. It's looking like Gus can take us into the prem and then who knows into Europe. Just being in the Premier league with the likes of Man U, Arsenal etc and with the away support, 35k is definately a possibility. Weren't Saints looking to expand to 40k? if so then we are equal to that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This wouldn't work as the site lines only just allow you to see the touching from the west upper and the east upper, so you wouldn't be able to see half of the pitch from both of those areas if it were lowered.

Er, yes you would. If the pitch was lowered, you'd not only still be able to see the touch lines, but also the first few rows of the stand opposite.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It would have been nice to have the option, just in case. But we're not a big city, I don't imagine there's an equivalent sized town with 40 thousand fans going, and making the stadium capable of taking more fans would have meant compromising how it is with 30k.
I think Wolves are looking to expand to 38,000 and that place is a similar size.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree with city size etc but we do have a big catchment area. It's looking like Gus can take us into the prem and then who knows into Europe.
Wo there, one step at a time. The chances are, we will not get promoted this year. Yes it looks like we've got a chance, but so have several other teams and only 3 go up.

Just being in the Premier league with the likes of Man U, Arsenal etc and with the away support, 35k is definately a possibility. Weren't Saints looking to expand to 40k? if so then we are equal to that.
That's what I'd ask, what other clubs like us have much over 30k? SCC are a good example but I think they have a larger catchment area than us (sorry Bournemouth).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Wolves are looking to expand to 38,000 and that place is a similar size.
From wiki:
Wolverhampton is part of the West Midlands Urban Area which had a population of 2.3 million in the 2001 census[3] which makes it part of the second largest urban area in the United Kingdom

Much bigger catchment than us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From wiki:
Wolverhampton is part of the West Midlands Urban Area which had a population of 2.3 million in the 2001 census[3] which makes it part of the second largest urban area in the United Kingdom

Much bigger catchment than us.
Well not really. West Midlands may be 2.3m but has a few football clubs as well as those in and around Birmingham. Sussex has 1.85m people and only two football league clubs.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
sightlines.jpg :moo:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyway, the only improvement that could be made to our wonderful stadium is to lift the roof off the North end, and turn that noddy little end into a f*** off sized KOP with an extra 8,000 seats.

#sexwee

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
how about increase the rake in the North stand and make it much taller, it could be our KOP

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well not really. West Midlands may be 2.3m but has a few football clubs as well as those in and around Birmingham. Sussex has 1.85m people and only two football league clubs.
Which they share with Villa, Birmingham, West Brom and Walsall, plus maybe even a few Coventry/Forest/Leicester fans.
Wiki: Birmingham: Its metropolitan area is also the United Kingdom's second most populous with 3,683,000 residents. Leicester isn't included in that.
We have NO clubs anywhere near us. We have the bigger/better catchment area in my opinion.
I disagree, but I hope I'm wrong. Sussex isn't exactly all ours. Many people in Sussex will be closer to Portsmouth, and to the north their close to London clubs and Crawley. I'm not suggesting we have a nothing catchment area, but I don't think it's as many per club as the Birmingham clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Southampton Urban Area - 304,400
Brighton Urban Area - 461,181...perhaps more than equally.....!
Picking the stats you like the look of? How about Southampton metropolitan area of over 1million.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Putting the seats back in at Withdean and showing the match on massive screens would allow another 8,000 to watch the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here