Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Wisdom

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Not been on here for a while -- has anyone recently heard any rumours about the great man (and BHA's former director)?

Just checking, like.

(BTW -- this probably isn't the thread for hilarious "made-up" rumours, if you know what I'm saying)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Now this is a guy that should be digging the first sod at Falmer!

At least he will make it entertaining. :)

Last I heard on a BBC Documentary was that he was in a nursing home on the Isle of Man.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Last edited:

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
His son Nick runs a sports shop in Haywards Heath ( Wisdom Sports...strangely !!! ) - pop in and ask him how his dad is....( Nick is a BHA fan )..can confirm..he is in a nursing home and is about 93 yrs old

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Now this is a guy that should be digging the first sod at Falmer!

At least he will make it entertaining. :)

Last I heard on a BBC Documentary was that he was in a nursing home on the Isle of Man.

Norman Wisdom and the word entertaining in the same sentence.
You`re having a larf.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
One of the truly great comedians that this country has ever produced. Charlie Chaplin said that Wisdom was the man most likely to emaluate him. That's good enough in my book.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One of the truly great comedians that this country has ever produced. Charlie Chaplin said that Wisdom was the man most likely to emaluate him. That's good enough in my book.

There`s another man as funny as a dose of the clap.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Disagree but I don't think we are going to convince each other so we might as well leave it. :D

I loved all the silent stars apart from Chaplin. Never got him.
His corpse was stolen by a bunch of Polish mechanics after his death and they asked for a reward to return it to his family.
Now why does that make me laugh and he never did ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sad that his house is up for sale , those monthly bills from the retirement home must be very hefty.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sad that his house is up for sale , those monthly bills from the retirement home must be very hefty.

Doesn't Norman get anything from the pension fund he paid in to when he had a job at the Big Store ?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Yep, it's not true. He's alive and well. A mate (palace fan!) working for Reuters sent me an email this pm that if I heard this legendary BHA fan was dead, it's not true. His family have confirmed he's fine.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
'Don't Laugh At Me 'Cos I'm A Fool' he sang,

Well he called that one right.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Went to the match in the mid sixties when Mr Wisdom introduced us to the new Sussex by the Sea at half time. Can't remember anything else about it

So who were we playing and did Sir Norman write the new words and if not who did??

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Norm was Quality in his day! the only way these new so called comedians get a laugh is by saying f*** a lot and re vamping 50 year old jokes with the word f*** in it. f***ing no talent fuckwits. Hang on in there norm :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here