Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker Hypocritical C*nt!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
MP says farewell to cottage
By Andy Dickenson
MP Norman Baker said goodbye to the historic cottage he lived in for 15 years as engineers began demolishing it to make way for a flyover.

The Railway Cottages in Beddingham are being pulled down in preparation for a £32 million scheme to build a bridge over the level crossing on the A27 near Lewes.

Mr Baker, MP for Lewes, began his council career while living in the second of the three cottages, where his daughter was born. During this time he was also elected to Parliament.

continued...
He was also at the home one foggy night when a car was hit by a train on the level crossing and the motorist died.

Engineers are stripping the ceilings of his former home before the wrecking balls move in next week.

Representatives of the Highways Agency said they were removing the roof by hand to check for protected wildlife, such as bats.

Walking through the shell of the cottage, which dates back to 1845, Mr Baker said: "It's quite sad really. I spent 15 years of my life here, but that's progress I suppose.

"I have lots of memories - I came back one night to find a sparrow hawk sitting on the post outside.

"I was astonished it didn't fly off as I came nearer but instead, when I opened the kitchen door, it flew right at me and into the kitchen.

"I had to open all the windows to let it out but it was an extraordinary moment.

"When I became a dad I was living there. There was only one incident with the crossing. One night it was really foggy and a Mini missed the light and hit a train."

Christopher Farrell, a 23-year-old builder from Eastbourne, died in the crash. He had married two weeks before the accident in November 1986.

Mr Baker had moved into the cottage only a year before and stayed until 2000. All three of the cottages were later bought by the Department for Transport.

Mr Baker said: "I was first elected to the council while living here and I was also elected to Parliament. It has been good luck and did no harm to my political career.

"You wouldn't normally allow a home to be built in a position like this now, so in a way it's like returning it to nature.

"But given that the flyover is going to be built they have to come down. It would be intolerable to live right next to it.

"It's sad but the scheme is necessary. Cheerio, house."

The flyover project is likely to cause 18 months of traffic delays for weary motorists but it should ease congestion in the long term.

During the work one lane will remain open in each direction with a 40-mile an hour speed restriction between the Southerham and Beddingham roundabouts.

The road is used by 30,000 vehicles every day and already suffers long tailbacks at the level crossing. Some businesses say the delays cost them thousands of pounds every year.

"..that's progress" and "returning to nature"
:censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Sneak Preview of The Argus, May 2007

Norman Baker to be returned to nature

Mr Baker said: "I was first elected to the council while living here and I was also elected to Parliament. The Falmer Stadium issue had been good luck and did no harm to my political career. Until now. Who would have thought that Seagulls could have done so much damage.

"You wouldn't normally allow a political career to be built in a position like this now, so in a way my sacking and move back home is like returning me to nature.

"But given that the Stadium is going to be built I have obviously had to come down. It would be intolerable for me to carry on as MP now.

"It's sad but the scheme is necessary. Cheerio, political career. Hello Aberdeen JobCentre"

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Gilliver's Travels said:
Sneak Preview of The Argus, May 2007

Norman Baker to be returned to nature

Mr Baker said: "I was first elected to the council while living here and I was also elected to Parliament. The Falmer Stadium issue had been good luck and did no harm to my political career. Until now. Who would have thought that Seagulls could have done so much damage.

"You wouldn't normally allow a political career to be built in a position like this now, so in a way my sacking and move back home is like returning me to nature.

"But given that the Stadium is going to be built I have obviously had to come down. It would be intolerable for me to carry on as MP now.

"It's sad but the scheme is necessary. Cheerio, political career. Hello Aberdeen JobCentre"

:lolol:

We can all dream, can't we?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The article says Baker lived there until 2000. So he would not have received compo, presumably.

Its not even his sodding house. This is a complete non-story. Just another bit of self-publicity from Norm.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club said:
The article says Baker lived there until 2000. So he would not have received compo, presumably.

Its not even his sodding house. This is a complete non-story. Just another bit of self-publicity from Norm.
Correct.

It may be old, but it's not what anyone would call a "historic cottage". It's a former railway worker's cottage. Just like the one I live in - at the next level crossing down the line towards Eastbourne.

I happen to know that Baker disliked his house next to the A27 so much that, back in the nineties, he seriously considered putting in an offer on the house next door but two to me (which is not on the A27). What stopped him doing so was that he couldn't find a buyer for his own place.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
There are some beautiful houses amidst the green hills of Aberdeenshire; a county noted for its carved celtic stones and magnificent birds of prey. Surely its time for Norman Fraudster MP to go home.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here