Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone in The Sun

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Fairly large bit of writing about Noone in The Sun Super Goals Supplement today.

Also mentions Nigel Adkins "Well if they can keep up with us" line. With noone saying "Southampton now trying to catch us"

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, do we need to bring toast to The Amex to throw at Nooney when he scores, then?
:thumbsup:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
can someone please copy the article and put it up.thanks

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Here.

Brighton 2 Peterborough 0

By MIKE DONOVAN

CRAIG NOONE popped up with a novel way to toast Brighton hitting the top and sealing a dream home Carling Cup draw against his beloved Liverpool.

And Scouser Noone, who netted the first as the unbeaten Seagulls soared to the Championship summit with this win over Peterborough, reckons it is the best thing since sliced bread.

The winger, 23, who played for the Reds as a kid, said: "It was all very exciting.

"We watched the telly when the table come up after the game and the draw before it.

"Alan Navarro, who was also on Liverpool's books, and I ran around the players' lounge throwing pieces of toast.

"When Brighton were drawn out at home I was thinking, 'Please be Liverpool'. I was at the club aged 10 or 11.

"The table is going to look good for two weeks as we'll be top no matter what because of the international break."

Cheeky Noone was unable to resist a joke at the expense of South Coast rivals Southampton as Brighton replaced them at the summit.

After being asked last season if Albion would rival his side for the League One title, Saints boss Nigel Adkins said: "Well, if they can keep up with us, maybe."

Well, Brighton eventually went up as champions and Noone laughed: "The table looks like League One from last season — Southampton trying to catch us!"

The 23-year-old, in his flashy yellow boots, dazzled Posh and put the Seagulls ahead from 20 yards on 10 minutes.

Midfielder Ryan Harley bent in a 30-yard free-kick in the 64th minute to leave Brighton on a club-record 13 points from their first five league fixtures.

Harley, signed from Swansea last week, said: "I'm a lucky mascot! Since I've come we've beaten Sunderland, drawn Liverpool and gone top!"

Posh, who netted seven in their last league game against Ipswich, were in no mood for chucking toast. But they took crumbs of comfort from the superb and unexpected return of defender Gabriel Zakuani after nearly three weeks out with a foot injury.

The former Stoke centre-back had Craig Mackail-Smith — the man who hit 35 goals for Posh last season — in his pocket, just as boss Darren Ferguson knew he would.

Zakuani said: "If there was just a one per cent chance that I could play, I'd make myself available.

"The gaffer wanted me to play as I knew Craig better than the other centre-backs.

"As a back four, we actually played well but, overall, we lacked penetration.

"We are not going to score seven every week. We have made a decent start and need to recharge our batteries."

SUN STAR MAN CRAIG NOONE (Brighton). A cutting edge as well as pace.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
can someone please copy the article and put it up.thanks

CRAIG NOONE popped up with a novel way to toast Brighton hitting the top and sealing a dream home Carling Cup draw against his beloved Liverpool.
And Scouser Noone, who netted the first as the unbeaten Seagulls soared to the Championship summit with this win over Peterborough, reckons it is the best thing since sliced bread.

The winger, 23, who played for the Reds as a kid, said: "It was all very exciting.

"We watched the telly when the table come up after the game and the draw before it.

"Alan Navarro, who was also on Liverpool's books, and I ran around the players' lounge throwing pieces of toast.

"When Brighton were drawn out at home I was thinking, 'Please be Liverpool'. I was at the club aged 10 or 11.

"The table is going to look good for two weeks as we'll be top no matter what because of the international break."

Cheeky Noone was unable to resist a joke at the expense of South Coast rivals Southampton as Brighton replaced them at the summit.

After being asked last season if Albion would rival his side for the League One title, Saints boss Nigel Adkins said: "Well, if they can keep up with us, maybe."

Well, Brighton eventually went up as champions and Noone laughed: "The table looks like League One from last season — Southampton trying to catch us!"

The 23-year-old, in his flashy yellow boots, dazzled Posh and put the Seagulls ahead from 20 yards on 10 minutes.

Midfielder Ryan Harley bent in a 30-yard free-kick in the 64th minute to leave Brighton on a club-record 13 points from their first five league fixtures.

Harley, signed from Swansea last week, said: "I'm a lucky mascot! Since I've come we've beaten Sunderland, drawn Liverpool and gone top!"

Posh, who netted seven in their last league game against Ipswich, were in no mood for chucking toast. But they took crumbs of comfort from the superb and unexpected return of defender Gabriel Zakuani after nearly three weeks out with a foot injury.

The former Stoke centre-back had Craig Mackail-Smith — the man who hit 35 goals for Posh last season — in his pocket, just as boss Darren Ferguson knew he would.

Zakuani said: "If there was just a one per cent chance that I could play, I'd make myself available.

"The gaffer wanted me to play as I knew Craig better than the other centre-backs.

"As a back four, we actually played well but, overall, we lacked penetration.

"We are not going to score seven every week. We have made a decent start and need to recharge our batteries."

SUN STAR MAN CRAIG NOONE (Brighton). A cutting edge as well as pace.

D

Deleted member 18477

Craig Noone. I Love you right now! Joke about SCC haha

Last edited by a moderator:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Funnily enough I've just finished a game on world golf tour with a player who told me he knew Noone from Kirkby schoolboys. He said everyone at the time thought his legs were too skinny for him to make it :lol:

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Yesterday afternoon went for a stroll along the seafront and just west of Brighton Pier there was a busker standing on a milk crate dressed in a skeleton outfit with stupid make up on .... he will stare and pull faces and only moves to scare passers by when people put money in his tin , after a few minutes watching someone put some money in and the bloke moved and scared a few people , kids mainly , but was also surprised when one of the people who jumped and swore in a scouce accent was infact Noone. Was really funny watching him shit himself ... he was with his dad and sister (?) i pressume .

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Funnily enough I've just finished a game on world golf tour with a player who told me he knew Noone from Kirkby schoolboys. He said everyone at the time thought his legs were too skinny for him to make it :lol:

ive just had a game and someone was pretending to be billy sharpe...???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here