NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

D

Deleted User X18H

I would ask Herr Thumper to sponsor me his promised £100 now.

I doubt, after two major training set backs I will complete in under 4 hours.

But complete I will.

There should be no 'condition' made on an offer of sponsorship.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tim. Get to the start and do your best mate. That's all people would expect. Everyone of you are ruddy heroes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If this is the case why did you ask me to put my money where my mouth is when I mentioned 4 hours? YOU challenged me remember.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
HT. Why not give your donation to the person who gets the quickest time ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would ask Herr Thumper to sponsor me his promised £100 now.

I doubt, after two major training set backs I will complete in under 4 hours.

But complete I will.

Having just looked at your Justgiving page I can see why you're so desperate for my £100. You only have 4 sponsors, one is from Gareth Glover, another seemingly from 1901 ticket usage which leaves just 2 genuine sponsors with only a week to go. Why are you wasting everyone's time with this pretence?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Having just looked at your Justgiving page I can see why you're so desperate for my £100. You only have 4 sponsors, one is from Gareth Glover, another seemingly from 1901 ticket usage which leaves just 2 genuine sponsors with only a week to go. Why are you wasting everyone's time with this pretence?

I have never ran, nor intend to run, a marathon before, but £80 is pathetic. Only 2 sponsors? Surely £500 is not that difficult a target to reach?

D

Deleted User X18H

I am going to enjoy running the Brighton Marathon irrespective of how much I raise. I hope to get up to at least £150 plus the fifty I will put in myself for entry costs. It seems ironic that you the starter of the NSC running thread can't seem to do the Marathon!! It would seem I am doing something else you'd love to but can't. Now
put your money where your mouth is.You're right the REMF charity is desperate your money now pay up as pledged.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am going to enjoy running the Brighton Marathon irrespective of how much I raise. I hope to get up to at least £150 plus the fifty I will put in myself for entry costs. It seems ironic that you the starter of the NSC running thread can't seem to do the Marathon!! It would seem I am doing something else you'd love to but can't. Now
put your money where your mouth is.You're right the REMF charity is desperate your money now pay up as pledged.

Yeah right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry - are we saying that someone running this in the name of REMF has raised £80 and, of that, £25 has come from selling a football ticket (so not a donation in the true sense) and £25 from ultra-good-guy [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]?

Isn't the protocol for these things to pester family, friends and colleagues, such that £500 should be achievable for most?

I see Richie has raised well over £700 to date - now that is a great effort.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sorry - are we saying that someone running this in the name of REMF has raised £80 and, of that, £25 has come from selling a football ticket (so not a donation in the true sense) and £25 from ultra-good-guy [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]?

Isn't the protocol for these things to pester family, friends and colleagues, such that £500 should be achievable for most?

This.

£80 is shit. I would sponsor MYSELF an amount like that as I would be f***ing embarrassed running a marathon or doing anything like this for charridy raising eighty f***ing quid.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

It's f***ing pathetic. If you ask 50 people to sponsor you, at least half of them will. If the average is a tenner then you should be able to raise £250 without even trying particularly hard. And a lot of people will give more than a tenner. £500 should be achievable, definitely. £80 (or more truthfully £30) smacks of a complete and utter lack of effort. Either that or not having any friends to ask (equally likely, thinking about it).

And the question everyone will want to know, HB&B, is every time YOU ASKED GUS this and YOU ASKED GUS that, why didn't you ask him to sponsor you?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And the question everyone will want to know, HB&B, is every time YOU ASKED GUS this and YOU ASKED GUS that, why didn't you ask him to sponsor you?

This.

Gareth its f***ing ludicrous. Thats hardly fundraising for the good cause of the REMF.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Surely to run £250 - £500 raised should be the MINIMUM??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here