Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nonsense about Tim's Sponsorship

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I think some of you guys need to step back and look at this again, you are missing the point. I know I've not been on NSC for a year or so but when I left Uncle Spielberg was training hard for the marathon and not only has he seen it through but he has arranged a fantastic push to get people like HB&B on the sponsorship trail too. Credit where credit is due. I haven't always seen eye to eye with US but I am happy to sponsor him £50 for his marathon run regardless of his time.

:clap::clap::clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think some of you guys need to step back and look at this again, you are missing the point. I know I've not been on NSC for a year or so but when I left Uncle Spielberg was training hard for the marathon and not only has he seen it through but he has arranged a fantastic push to get people like HB&B on the sponsorship trail too. Credit where credit is due. I haven't always seen eye to eye with US but I am happy to sponsor him £50 for his marathon run regardless of his time.

:clap::clap::clap:

I am not sure how to take this post. I did not run last year it is true. I took it on board last year to raise a marathon team at the last moment that raised close to £ 2500 from 3 runners and we are on close to £ 4000 this year from 9 runners and its been hard keeping a team together and committed for the last 9 months.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am not sure how to take this thread. I did not run last year it is true. I took it on board last year to raise a marathon team at the last moment that raised close to £ 2500 from 3 runners and we are on close to £ 4000 this year from 9 runners and its been hard keeping a team together and committed for the last 9 months.

Sorry US - I'm not demeaning your efforts or whatever you have done to bring this together but I'm not going to back down in my comment that £80 is pathetic, more so given that over half of it is not sponsorship in the true sense.

I had intended for NSC to give each runner a nice big boost to their personal totals - I just need to work out the money to see how much is possible, currently. However, there is no way I will support someone who seems to have made minimal/zero effort to raise sponsorship, so I shall make a double donation to the truly outstanding [MENTION=199]cpfc remf captain[/MENTION] who, to my mind at least, is a wonderful example of how this should all be undertaken.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry US - I'm not demeaning your efforts or whatever you have done to bring this together but I'm not going to back down in my comment that £80 is pathetic, more so given that over half of it is not sponsorship in the true sense.

I had intended for NSC to give each runner a nice big boost to their personal totals - I just need to work out the money to see how much is possible, currently. However, there is no way I will support someone who seems to have made minimal/zero effort to raise sponsorship so, I shall make a double donation to the truly outstanding [MENTION=199]cpfc remf captain[/MENTION] who, to my mind at least, is a wonderful example of how this should all be undertaken.

Fair do's mate.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I see Richie has raised well over £700 to date - now that is a great effort.

Almost all my stuff so far has come from very generous people on here and on the Palace forum. I am running it in a Palace shirt, hence their interest. The Palace owner and Glenn Murray both chucked me £50 which, while it may not be LOADS for them, is still more than they have to donate so well worth a big THANKS.

Will pester friends and family this week.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Almost all my stuff so far has come from very generous people on here and on the Palace forum. I am running it in a Palace shirt, hence their interest. The Palace owner and Glenn Murray both chucked me £50 which, while it may not be LOADS for them, is still more than they have to donate so well worth a big THANKS.

Will pester friends and family this week.

It's a great effort Richie - well done you. As above, NSC will be helping to top that up in the next week or so.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's a great effort Richie - well done you. As above, NSC will be helping to top that up in the next week or so.

Thanks, anything is hugely appreciated. SHOULD be able to top £1,000 I think. Don't shoot me if I don't though...

Whether I can make it round is another matter.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not going to be sidetracked at the moment. I am just concentrating on promoting the team as best as I can for the next 10 days to raise awareness and funds. It is going in the match programme on Tuesday, hopefully in the Argus next week, is on my facebook and on the BHAFC and CPFC fans forums. If people want to pick the bones out of it, can I suggest they delay this as , as far as I am concerned we have 10 days left which is very much the business end of 9 months preparation.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
you should be aware that a charity place costs £124

So what we need to know is whether HB&B is running in a charity place, or whether he has bought his own. Because if he is, he is currently COSTING the REMF £44.

Which makes this comment seem a little odd to me:

Tim. Get to the start and do your best mate. That's all people would expect. Everyone of you are ruddy heroes.

Tell us.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am just going to concentrate on pushing the team forward and the fund raising as we still have 10 days to go.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I had intended for NSC to give each runner a nice big boost to their personal totals - I just need to work out the money to see how much is possible, currently. However, there is no way I will support someone who seems to have made minimal/zero effort to raise sponsorship, so I shall make a double donation to the truly outstanding [MENTION=199]cpfc remf captain[/MENTION] who, to my mind at least, is a wonderful example of how this should all be undertaken.

Bozza

I have met my target so if you were going to add anything to mine I would be happy for you to add this to Kevin's so he meets his target and gets to wear the pink shirt!

Stumpy Tim

I am going to enjoy running the Brighton Marathon irrespective of how much I raise. I hope to get up to at least £150 plus the fifty I will put in myself for entry costs. It seems ironic that you the starter of the NSC running thread can't seem to do the Marathon!! It would seem I am doing something else you'd love to but can't. Now
put your money where your mouth is.You're right the REMF charity is desperate your money now pay up as pledged.

£150 eh! So minus costs, that's a pound a mile you're aiming for. Sterling effort

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Also how much did you say it cost REMF for each charity place Gareth? I will put that in myself rather than paying it out of the funds

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I think that this thread has gone a bit awry from it's main purpose which was to encourage people to sponsor or donate to those who are running over 26 miles for the REMF. I presume that those who are turning this into yet another binfest will, in 7 or 8 months, themselves volunteer to run this event in the REMF colours.

Gareth wanted to turn the excellent NSC posters attention to the good that was being done and, hopefully, encourage those that hadn't sponsored anyone, to maybe support those, like Kev, that were close to a particular target or, sponsor those that hadn't been quite so successful in getting a large sum pledged closer to their target.

When all said and done, the REMF runners will still be attempting to complete a full marathon course. Maybe those of us who aren't competing, shouldn't lose sight of this.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Just to let people know, I only signed up a month or so ago with my own money, paying for my sisters place who didn't have the time to train. So I didn't use a place that had been paid for an REMF place, and instead took the opportunity to raise a bit of cash for a charity close to my heart......I have been pretty busy since then and so have only raised a hundred quid or so but hoping to improve on that when I have a bit of time next week to spread the word.

I know it's not going to make a massive difference but some of the "£80 is a pathetic effort" seems a tad harsh....every little helps!

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Just to let people know, I only signed up a month or so ago with my own money, paying for my sisters place who didn't have the time to train. So I didn't use a place that had been paid for an REMF place, and instead took the opportunity to raise a bit of cash for a charity close to my heart......I have been pretty busy since then and so have only raised a hundred quid or so but hoping to improve on that when I have a bit of time next week to spread the word.

I know it's not going to make a massive difference but some of the "£80 is a pathetic effort" seems a tad harsh....every little helps!

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here