Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-Season ticket = Non-believer

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Liz reads NSC she'll be having a right chuckle at some of the comments on this very thread. She is having a pop at plastic Albion fans who are suddenly interested in getting a ticket for the Liverpool game and not the non STHs who have blue and white running through their veins.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If Liz reads NSC she'll be having a right chuckle at some of the comments on this very thread. She is having a pop at plastic Albion fans who are suddenly interested in getting a ticket for the Liverpool game and not the non STHs who have blue and white running through their veins.

But she made no distinction between the two.

She is a witch. Burn her!!!!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Well when the capacity of the Amex is increased ,then there will be room for everyone,i just hope we all support the team !!!!!

May 17, 2011
1066 country
LizCosta2.jpg

Shut yer mouth - Bint.

Shes well sexy. is she one of gullys girls? :lol:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
According to Liz Costa vice-chair of the Albion Supporters Club.???

Albion to net cash bonanza from dream Liverpool tie From The Argus)

She said: “There will not be many tickets left for the non-believers.

“At the moment it is great that we are able to fill every set and I am loving it.”

I don't think this is the best way to describe the large numbers of non-season ticket holders who attended Gillingham or Sunderland, or fans from further away who can't make every game.

Just because people have other commitments, less cash etc.... doesn't make them any less of a fan, some are more so than the some of people who have bought season-tickets this season.

:annoyed:Not the best choice of words.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
It wouldn't hurt to have an Independent supporters club as well.

The Supporters club is completely independent of the Football club. This independence is enshrined in the supporters club's constitution.
It is a common misconception that the supporters club is "official" (an epithet that gets tagged on to the title. Predominantly when negative comments about the supporters club are made).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Looking at Liz's words she is effectively saying that once STH and those with 60 loyalty points have applied for tickets then there will be little left. Liz does have a history of having a dig at fans less 'loyal' then she is, but frankly if you take offence to that you should really grow a pair.

As someone with only 30 loyalty points I really don't have an issue with that, despite seeing the Albion play at 110 different grounds.

DanielT

However, Liz Costa, vice-chair of the Albion supporters club, predicted the game could well have sold out by then.

Having actually read the Argus article first, there is no way to know what the statement she made is in response to! Was she asked a question? If so, what was it?

No one who has commented on here knows, and those who are saying bad things against her are just assuming the worst because it feeds on their already existing prejudice or ill-feeling against her.

Maybe it was a 30 second conversation and the question was "do you think non-fans will be able to get a ticket?"

Has anyone given thought to the fact that papers quote out of context? Don't be so quick to believe everything you read or hear!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The Supporters club is completely independent of the Football club. This independence is enshrined in the supporters club's constitution.
It is a common misconception that the supporters club is "official" (an epithet that gets tagged on to the title. Predominantly when negative comments about the supporters club are made).

Why is it a common misconception?

Are the reps like LC elected by members? Is a recall vote possible?

What constitution?

All seems clandestine and clique driven, if not then it has appalling PR. As Giraffe suggested it really does need a shake up and out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

What constitution?

All seems clandestine and clique driven, if not then it has appalling PR. As Giraffe suggested it really does need a shake up and out.

Only if you wish to operate from a position of remaining external.

It is an independent supporters' club, open to anyone and everyone.

Seeing as you evidently haven't tried finding out about it, and have instead sought to pre-judge it, you're not in a position to comment.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

What constitution?

Why don't you get off your arse and find out?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
According to Liz Costa vice-chair of the Albion Supporters Club.???

Albion to net cash bonanza from dream Liverpool tie From The Argus)

“At the moment it is great that we are able to fill every set and I am loving it.”

I don't think this is the best way to describe the large numbers of non-season ticket holders who attended Gillingham or Sunderland, or fans from further away who can't make every game.

Just because people have other commitments, less cash etc.... doesn't make them any less of a fan, some are more so than the some of people who have bought season-tickets this season.

or the physical capability to get to Brighton let alone Falmer or let alone the cash
it is rather a crass thing to say not a thing I would expect from a lady I used to respect and who spoke so elequently for us all ...........................she no longer speaks for me I'm afraid to say

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
or the physical capability to get to Brighton let alone Falmer or let alone the cash
it is rather a crass thing to say not a thing I would expect from a lady I used to respect and who spoke so elequently for us all ...........................she no longer speaks for me I'm afraid to say

She didn't speak for you before, and she wasn't speaking for you then.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Bit harsh on Liz, may not have been the most diplomatic thing to say, but we all make the occasional gaffe.

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
I'm not bothered by her comment. Probably out of context, and I guess she like most of us will be f***ing pissed off if any remaining tickets go to Liverpool fans, who have probably never been within 100 miles of Anfield anyway.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bit harsh on Liz, may not have been the most diplomatic thing to say, but we all make the occasional gaffe.

then maybe she should think before saying things like non-believers there are believe it or not many who cannot get to any Albion games either through other more (maybe) important commitments or through just the physical impossibility of doing that its not like we(I) have never been to an Albion game and some of us have been to games in the lower leagues that would have sent most to sleep but nevertheless still been there standing alone on the East terrace in the p**sing rain I for one would crawl over hot coals to watch the Albion "live" at Falmer (Amex) thats if I thought I might just get in because there is the possibility I may of coarse not be loyal enough and that is of coarse as well if someone wants to help me to the hot coals.
50 years of support
nearly 5 years of never missing one game home or away
and many years of watching on the East terrace in the p**sing rain
eating naff burgers and flat lemonade
think this just about gives me enough loyalty to say what I think and if its not then hard cheese

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
then maybe she should think before saying things like non-believers there are believe it or not many who cannot get to any Albion games either through other more (maybe) important commitments or through just the physical impossibility of doing that its not like we(I) have never been to an Albion game and some of us have been to games in the lower leagues that would have sent most to sleep but nevertheless still been there standing alone on the East terrace in the p**sing rain I for one would crawl over hot coals to watch the Albion "live" at Falmer (Amex) thats if I thought I might just get in because there is the possibility I may of coarse not be loyal enough and that is of coarse as well if someone wants to help me to the hot coals.
50 years of support
nearly 5 years of never missing one game home or away
and many years of watching on the East terrace in the p**sing rain
eating naff burgers and flat lemonade
think this just about gives me enough loyalty to say what I think and if its not then hard cheese

............and relax.

I'm in her category of 'non-believer' too you know!

Journalists will seize upon any comment to try to make a story more sensational. I was interviewed today by the local paper about the economic consequences of 9/11. I said they were relatively minor in terms of long term impact, and suspect it will look terrible in print, but it is not easy to think, assimilate, analyse and say the right thing whilst being grilled by a journo.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If you can find a copy, listen to Liz on the Albion Roar towards the end of last season. For her many talents, it suggests media management probably isn't one of them!

Also, anyone else appreciate the irony of the (self) righteous posse on NSC criticising anyone for not choosing their words more carefully?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you can find a copy, listen to Liz on the Albion Roar towards the end of last season. For her many talents, it suggests media management probably isn't one of them!

Also, anyone else appreciate the irony of the (self) righteous posse on NSC criticising anyone for not choosing their words more carefully?

On iTunes - dated 7th May.

Are you referring to her slagging off her ex-husband?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here