Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-Season ticket = Non-believer

Mar 24, 2011
I've been watching The Albion since 1976 and was going to get a season ticket for the Amex and then I was made redundant. Does that make me a non-believer?

Fur Cough

If you could convert self righteous indignation into energy you could power a small town for a week with the amount on this thread.

At worst the comments were misguided.

Carry on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
as always quotes in papers arnt always as they should be and can be taken out of context. I dont think she ment if you wernt a season ticket holder you were a non believer. As for the Supporters Club, as Chairman i am very keen to move it into 2000,s and wil be working hard to liase with other supporters groups to bring us all together to support our club which is the most important thing. We now have a website bhasc.com and i am looking to encourage new younger members with new ideas to come forward. Over the past years when the Albion were struggling the supporters club helped greatly providing funds for many things the club couldnt afford. Everyone whats one thing success for our club,there may be many different ideas of how to achieve it but i hope you all agree we should get together and share these . All of us are members of what is the family of supporters of the best team we could support the albion.

Concur with the earlier comment that the supporters club could do with modernising, enlarging, and someone a bit less set in their ways put in charge.

I know of a close family member and several other people who have had major rows with her, and the Costa bus clique, and the whole thing is all a bit inward looking and two bob frankly.

I love the fact that these two posts are right next to each other.

On the modernisation of the supporters club I would be fascinated to hear the proper plans. I guess it comes back to what the supporters club is really there for, because I think it ceased to be a voice of the fans a long long time ago. But to be fair I guess this may be the case for a lot of clubs now with the internet and social media dominating much more.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
"I admire Liz Costa for her tireless campaigning for a new stadium, and her selfless efforts to run supporters coaches for Brighton supporters all over this great country.

"But if she should take the liberty of speaking out of turn, to a journalist, and cheapen the name of our club and its magnificent fans, with a string of outrageous accusations and lies, I should say OI, COSTA, NO!!"

"Err, I don't think she has done that, Frank..."

Brilliant! Have some rep.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Alot of the anti-Costa comments on here are an absolute disgrace. This comment isn't brilliant and I disagree with her wording, but the lynch mob (as described on the first page of this thread) is bang out of order and it's just jumping on the bandwagon. Without people like Liz Costa and certain others back in the day, who knows where we would be now. If I had to choose someone to represent our cub in the press it would certainly more likely be Liz Costa than the vast majority of people on this forum who are all type and no talk. Some people on here want to show some respect.

Correct. Younger fans have the audacity to call her names. Or old fashioned. And perhaps she is old fashioned. But everyone's a product of their age e.g. Lots of younger fans can't express an opinion without resorting to vile abuse and extreme anger. Which, sadly, is testimony to THEIR era/generation. But then lots of kids sitting their exams this summer have no idea who winston Churchill is...nuff said, innit like - to paraphrase the little cherubs :) I know which age range I've got more respect for in general and it's not these cyber warriors who need their mums to run a bath let alone help save a community asset like our club.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
so were you looking to get a ticket for the Liverpool game?

Me? No, I'm back in Cyprus by then, I'll be watching it in the pub with some mates. However, if I were here I'd be trying to get tickets.

Anyway, looking back over my posts in this thread, I do withdraw the "respect" comment, that was heat of the moment, and way overboard. However, I do think that she has been very silly in what she said. If you sit back and read it like a neutral it does look like she is saying that anyone with no season ticket and less than 60 points is a non-believer, I already agreed she might not have meant that, but it IS what she implied.

When you talk to the press on behalf of an organisation you should be careful with your wording. I've had to talk to the press in an official capacity on a number of occasions, you can't just speak as you would on a message board as yourself. Not being careful invariably leads to the sort of response seen in this thread.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No I'm not and havnt been since 2002 when I stopped travelling on the coaches to away games. Just not willing to form a lynch mob on something that is a typical over reaction by the hard of thinking

Hit him ade.....

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Me? No, I'm back in Cyprus by then, I'll be watching it in the pub with some mates. However, if I were here I'd be trying to get tickets.

Anyway, looking back over my posts in this thread, I do withdraw the "respect" comment, that was heat of the moment, and way overboard. However, I do think that she has been very silly in what she said. If you sit back and read it like a neutral it does look like she is saying that anyone with no season ticket and less than 60 points is a non-believer, I already agreed she might not have meant that, but it IS what she implied.

When you talk to the press on behalf of an organisation you should be careful with your wording. I've had to talk to the press in an official capacity on a number of occasions, you can't just speak as you would on a message board as yourself. Not being careful invariably leads to the sort of response seen in this thread.

in which case you will know that you cant legislate for how a paper will interject your quote into a story. I'm not saying that if this is the case, that the paper did it maliciously

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
fork Not being careful invariably leads to the sort of response seen in this thread.[/QUOTE said:
Hardly fair to blame Liz Costa for some of the intemperate, self righteous, pompous and overly indignant responses on here. "She made me do it" doesn't really cut it.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
in which case you will know that you cant legislate for how a paper will interject your quote into a story. I'm not saying that if this is the case, that the paper did it maliciously

Which is why you need to be so bloody careful, and with all due respect, Liz has been around long enough that she should know that.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Well, the point is that I'd love a season ticket, but finding the money for them is not easy. Then for this woman to say people who have no season ticket don't beleive in the club is stupid. There are people who people have bills to pay, food to put on the table and don't have enough left at the end of the day to risk on a season ticket, especially when it don't include petrol costs of travelling to the games or train/coach ticket costs if they live say in Hastings or Eastbourne.

Just because they can't afford it, don't make them any less of a fan than someone who can and has one. I'm sure they would want one like myself if they could. I get a grand per month for working for Hastings Borough Council, but have a car to run, rent to pay, food to put on the table and can only go to the games by buying matchday tickets as a result.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
What about those without a season ticket but who are on the waiting list and attend every game they can? What are they? Agnostics?

Bint.

Exactly this!! My brother and I have been top 10 of the waiting list since the end of May. After 30+ phone calls, 5 emails (none of them replied to) I am still waiting! Not going to go into it because it makes me f***ing mad thinking about it!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Marcus, at no point in the article does she say 'people who don't have season tickets are not genuine Albion supporters.'

If tickets are high in demand, then it's perfectly true that tickets are in short supply for non-Albion supporters (if say, we were to agree that's what she means by 'non-believers.')

They're also in short supply for Albion supporting non-season holders too, of which you are one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here