Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-Season ticket = Non-believer

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I really regret getting into this thread so Late. Apologies if someone has said this already but non-believers are surely Liverpool fans trying to buy tickets in the Brighton end.

I also hoped to see a poll on the Queen of the Coaches versus the King of the Car Park, as to who represents the narrowest bunch of supporters! Shame about that one.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Supporting a football club has nothing to do with believing, so why are the knives out?

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
indeed the supporters club do have many members who do not have season tickets, everyone is welcome and as a supporters club we have purchased two season tickets for the use of our members who can only get to games occasionally. so we are doing what we can to help as meny supporters to watch games as possible.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
why do so many on here feel so upset by the smallest ambiguous comment? there are some who are so upset by not being seen as a real fan, who cares what anyone else thinks, you know if you're a fan or not, does it matter if someone else thinks you are or aren't. Should i be upset because i don't have a season ticket? maybe but i have my reasons and i don't feel any animosity towards Liz for her comments. Journilists print what they think will sell papers and her actual words may have been compeltely different

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
The religious analogy of believer/non-believer is interesting.

Is Liz a fundamentalist BHAFC supporter? Quite possibly, then her jibe (which is harmless if illuminating) at the kuffar makes more sense

Expect a jihad from the Dar al-Abion on the Dar al-Harb anytime soon

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Hard of thinking? Bullshit.

I've been a supporter of the Albion since I was a small child. I've been to away matches all over the country and attended both at Goldstone and Withdean.

I don't have a season ticket or 60 points. According to what she said, that makes me a "non-believer".

I think for someone to make that comment makes them hard of thinking, not someone who objects to it.

so were you looking to get a ticket for the Liverpool game?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
why do so many on here feel so upset by the smallest ambiguous comment? there are some who are so upset by not being seen as a real fan, who cares what anyone else thinks, you know if you're a fan or not, does it matter if someone else thinks you are or aren't. Should i be upset because i don't have a season ticket? maybe but i have my reasons and i don't feel any animosity towards Liz for her comments. Journilists print what they think will sell papers and her actual words may have been compeltely different

You really wanna know? Because people love to feel that warm glow that comes from being righteous. It invigorates them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
why do so many on here feel so upset by the smallest ambiguous comment?

Where have you been for the last 10 years? That's the lifeblood of NSC.

Wait until the next time we don't get enough mentions in a match report, then you'll really see the sisterhood in uproar...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
According to Liz Costa vice-chair of the Albion Supporters Club.???

Albion to net cash bonanza from dream Liverpool tie From The Argus)

She said: “There will not be many tickets left for the non-believers.

“At the moment it is great that we are able to fill every set and I am loving it.”

I don't think this is the best way to describe the large numbers of non-season ticket holders who attended Gillingham or Sunderland, or fans from further away who can't make every game.

Just because people have other commitments, less cash etc.... doesn't make them any less of a fan, some are more so than the some of people who have bought season-tickets this season.
Not really a viable option when you live in Wales.....although one of our deadliest moderators has taken the plunge from the land of the leeks.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If a slightly grumpy woman of a certain age wants to crack a cheap little joke-ette with a local hack, then I - as a *gasp* non-season ticket holder - can't actually get overly animated about that; call me a soppy old wet flannelly pushover. I do wonder slightly about these people that are. I'm getting those rabid "self-righteous brothers" characters that Harry Enfield used to do.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe she meant some non-season ticket holders were people who didn't believe they could afford one / didn't believe they could go to enough games to justify buying one / didn't believe they would sell out so quickly. Do you believe me?

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Put in context...

"Tickets for the Liverpool game will go on sale to non-season ticket holders with at least 60 loyalty points on September 12 at 7pm.

Any unsold tickets will be released for sale two days later at 9am.

However, Liz Costa, vice-chair of the Albion supporters club, predicted the game could well have sold out by then.

She said: “There will not be many tickets left for the non-believers. "

Hence non season ticket holder=non-beleiver, how difficult is it to understand?

well clearly very difficult judging by your (in my view) wrong inference. It could be said that she was saying that non season ticket holders with less than 60 points are non believers.

However the most likely scenario is she was asked how easy would it be for someone who hasn't been to brighton before to get a ticket and she gave a flippant / poorly worded remark.

I doubt she expected the spanish inquisition (cue Man of Harveys posting some clips from t'interweb)

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Where have you been for the last 10 years? That's the lifeblood of NSC.

Wait until the next time we don't get enough mentions in a match report, then you'll really see the sisterhood in uproar...

i have been around but i've mostly been a guest, its only recently i actually got round to registering so i'm only half a newbie

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If a slightly grumpy woman of a certain age wants to crack a cheap little joke-ette with a local hack, then I - as a *gasp* non-season ticket holder - can't actually get overly animated about that; Call be a soppy old wet flannelly pushover. I do wonder slightly about these people that are. I'm getting those rabid "self-righteous brothers" characters that Harry Enfield used to do.

"I admire Liz Costa for her tireless campaigning for a new stadium, and her selfless efforts to run supporters coaches for Brighton supporters all over this great country.

"But if she should take the liberty of speaking out of turn, to a journalist, and cheapen the name of our club and its magnificent fans, with a string of outrageous accusations and lies, I should say OI, COSTA, NO!!"

"Err, I don't think she has done that, Frank..."

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Ok just re-read the Argus article.

Can anyone tell me why non-believers are not Liverpool fans ?

This has been a common theme down the years and Liz bless her wants the tickets to go to Brighton fans.

Now man up and apologise you wimpy keyboard warriors.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I can't be arsed to read any of this thread... is there a SINGLE post in here worth reading?

Oh yes, definitely Tooting's above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here