Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-Season ticket = Non-believer

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
No, but as vice-chair of the supporters club, she could be seen as speaking for the fans.

Very poor choice of words. Lost any respect I had for her.

This (unsurprisingly). Although I'd caveat that with not "This-ing" the respect comment.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Chill out.

Seriously. I don't know or much care about the woman but what a daft tiny little thing to get so het up about.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
No I'm not and havnt been since 2002 when I stopped travelling on the coaches to away games. Just not willing to form a lynch mob on something that is a typical over reaction by the hard of thinking

Hard of thinking? Bullshit.

I've been a supporter of the Albion since I was a small child. I've been to away matches all over the country and attended both at Goldstone and Withdean.

I don't have a season ticket or 60 points. According to what she said, that makes me a "non-believer".

I think for someone to make that comment makes them hard of thinking, not someone who objects to it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let's actually look at what she said (albeit the Argus poorly phrased it). She was commenting on tickets going for sale to those with no loyalty points - not those who are not season ticket holders. The full quote says;

'................Tickets for the Liverpool game will go on sale to non-season ticket holders with at least 60 loyalty points on September 12 at 7pm.

Any unsold tickets will be released for sale two days later at 9am.

However, Liz Costa, vice-chair of the Albion supporters club, predicted the game could well have sold out by then. She said: “There will not be many tickets left for the non-believers...............'

yes it was a poor choice of words and a poor phrasing in the paper but it's not as bad as has been painted

I don't see anything wrong...From what I can see, she's having a dig at those people (they're not fans as they couldn't even tell you what used to be at the site of Toys R Us before 1998) who've probably never set foot inside Withdean, let alone the Amex and yet try to pass themselves off as being Brighton fans...

Who gives a shit? People don't go ballistic when someone jokingly calls 1901ers the prawn sandwich brigade. Stop overreacting.

Does anyone think it might not be, .... ooh I don't know, a tongue-in-cheek, not meant to be taken seriously comment? Jesus, people .......

She was phoned up for a quote and gave one.

Liz's heart is in the right place, her interview on The Albion Roar was very good. She can come across as a bit of a superfan at times, but no one is perfect.

First met Liz Costa at the 'infamous' meeting at the ?...Concorde (when Stanley turned up pissed to answer fans concerns). At the time, I knew little or nothing of the shannigans of Archer and co, but knew that as a club we were up the creek....without a paddle.

I remember a few supporters asking irrelevant questions and lacking any sort of genuine knowledge.

However, up gets Liz Costa and asks a number of pertinent questions.....and she wasn't going to be bullied by Stanley. The whole story from Archer etc was still to unfold, but from that day, I cannot help but admire the woman.

The next time I saw her, was when she was doing a sponsored walk to raise funds for the Albion......again, with bucket in her hand, was grateful for my donation and full of optimism.

I,ve read about her....and met her several times since. On the whole...a bit old fashioned and sometimes appears a bit out of touch with all the new 'goings on'.

But....without a doubt....a fantastic Albion supporter who has done so very much to keep this club going in difficult times in the past.

I think we should cut her a bit of slack.

Jesus wept. This place is getting more and more ridiculous by the day.

Alot of the anti-Costa comments on here are an absolute disgrace. This comment isn't brilliant and I disagree with her wording, but the lynch mob (as described on the first page of this thread) is bang out of order and it's just jumping on the bandwagon. Without people like Liz Costa and certain others back in the day, who knows where we would be now. If I had to choose someone to represent our cub in the press it would certainly more likely be Liz Costa than the vast majority of people on this forum who are all type and no talk. Some people on here want to show some respect.

Liz is absolutely brillio and the Albion is a better club for us all to support because of her.

Despite the rather dry image many have of her, she's got a mischievous streak and a twinkle in her eye.

Her comment was very clearly aimed at the many who have been already discussed here - those who are trying to tap up any Albion fans they happen to know with the "Can you get me a ticket to the Liverpool game?" question. Those who are either not true Albion fans at all, or those who are locally based plastic Liverpool fans trying to see their team for the first time.

She most definitely would not take a swipe at true Albion fans who are not season ticket holders - I imagine the Supporters' Club has many such people as members for a start.

Today, I am mostly agreeing with these comments.

Some of you people need to take a deep breath, and have a little think.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I don't see anything wrong...From what I can see, she's having a dig at those people (they're not fans as they couldn't even tell you what used to be at the site of Toys R Us before 1998) who've probably never set foot inside Withdean, let alone the Amex and yet try to pass themselves off as being Brighton fans...

She's also, because of what she said, having a dig at many people, like myself, who have been loyal to the club for over 30 years.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hard of thinking? Bullshit.

I've been a supporter of the Albion since I was a small child. I've been to away matches all over the country and attended both at Goldstone and Withdean.

I don't have a season ticket or 60 points. According to what she said, that makes me a "non-believer".

I think for someone to make that comment makes them hard of thinking, not someone who objects to it.

That's bollocks, Jason, and I'm surprised at you. She said no such thing.

Where does it say 'non-STHs are non-believers'? At worst, it's ambiguous, and to my mind, she is talking about JCLs and other blaggers and woodwork dwellers who don't really support Brighton.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
we should put on her the pitch and throw bottles at her.:guitar:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Oh get over yourself. Have you never done that sort of thing on here?

"On here" isn't in the paper, and she wasn't speaking just as herself, she was speaking as a representatitive of the supporter's association.

I regularly make flippant comments, but don't do so when representing official bodies (such as my employer, of the rugby club that I'm a committee member of). Therein lies the difference.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ridiculous overeaction of a load of old women, over a throw away remark from another old woman.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"On here" isn't in the paper, and she wasn't speaking just as herself, she was speaking as a representatitive of the supporter's association.

I regularly make flippant comments, but don't do so when representing official bodies (such as my employer, of the rugby club that I'm a committee member of). Therein lies the difference.

But you're assuming she's talking about you.

How do you come to that conclusion?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Many people may not think she's 'cool' but she is more of a supporter than many who hold themselves in lofty esteem on this website and get irrationally worked up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here