Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-Season ticket = Non-believer

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Who gives a shit? People don't go ballistic when someone jokingly calls 1901ers the prawn sandwich brigade. Stop overreacting.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Does anyone think it might not be, .... ooh I don't know, a tongue-in-cheek, not meant to be taken seriously comment? Jesus, people .......

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
may i echo the comments above to say Liz Costa can f*** right off if thats what she thinks. who is she to judge or know what people's circumstances are?

LizCosta2.jpg

oh when I saw her face I said I don't believe her....

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Fact is, this point is so obvious, it's embarrassing that it evidently needed to be said. :(

That's not the point though is it? Just because a few on here know her and get her obvious "wit" :)rolleyes:) doesn't mean she should use throwaway comments like that when giving quotes to a newspaper. Why is she speaking on behalf of all fans anyway?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
She was phoned up for a quote and gave one.

Liz's heart is in the right place, her interview on The Albion Roar was very good. She can come across as a bit of a superfan at times, but no one is perfect.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That's not the point though is it? Just because a few on here know her and get her obvious "wit" :)rolleyes:) doesn't mean she should use throwaway comments like that when giving quotes to a newspaper.

Oh get over yourself. Have you never done that sort of thing on here? Has no-one done it on the radio or in a blog?

Sense of humour failure on your part. A bad one.

Why is she speaking on behalf of all fans anyway?

She isn't, and nowhere does it say she is.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm one of the non-STH"s that will struggle to get a ticket - that's if I believed enough to be in the country at the time of this game :)

Look, she's talking about those people who ONLY want to go the Liverpool game and for whom this will be the first and possibly only game of the season. Plus its one line in a newspaper, who knows what the full interview was. She's saying it will be hard for non-believers, not for BELIEVERS who don't have a STH. Well good, I hope that any non-believers out there don't get a ticket.

and anyway, I'm just reading Build a Bonfire for the first time and its clear that people like LIz have a lot to be proud of and have played a full part in our history.

So, having never met the woman or been a member of the Supporters Club, I say f*** off to those who are telling her to f*** off.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
She was phoned up for a quote and gave one.

Liz's heart is in the right place, her interview on The Albion Roar was very good. She can come across as a bit of a superfan at times, but no one is perfect.

Fair enough.

However - i think the anger felt by some for this comment is totally justified. She is world weary enough to know better.

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
as always quotes in papers arnt always as they should be and can be taken out of context. I dont think she ment if you wernt a season ticket holder you were a non believer. As for the Supporters Club, as Chairman i am very keen to move it into 2000,s and wil be working hard to liase with other supporters groups to bring us all together to support our club which is the most important thing. We now have a website bhasc.com and i am looking to encourage new younger members with new ideas to come forward. Over the past years when the Albion were struggling the supporters club helped greatly providing funds for many things the club couldnt afford. Everyone whats one thing success for our club,there may be many different ideas of how to achieve it but i hope you all agree we should get together and share these . All of us are members of what is the family of supporters of the best team we could support the albion.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Concur with the earlier comment that the supporters club could do with modernising, enlarging, and someone a bit less set in their ways put in charge.

I know of a close family member and several other people who have had major rows with her, and the Costa bus clique, and the whole thing is all a bit inward looking and two bob frankly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here