Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-Season ticket = Non-believer

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On iTunes - dated 7th May.

Are you referring to her slagging off her ex-husband?

I heard that, highly entertaining.

Rumour has it that Liz has been lined up as Audley Harrison's next opponent. My money is going LARGE on the Costa LoveBus

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
............and relax.

I'm in her category of 'non-believer' too you know!

Journalists will seize upon any comment to try to make a story more sensational. I was interviewed today by the local paper about the economic consequences of 9/11. I said they were relatively minor in terms of long term impact, and suspect it will look terrible in print, but it is not easy to think, assimilate, analyse and say the right thing whilst being grilled by a journo.

like your signature mate I'll move on thanks

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
You also need to consider the realities of the current situation. With the number of season ticket holders we have and the strong away support, many of whom are not season ticket holders, there won't be many tickets left for any fans, 'plastic' or otherwise. This may be harsh but it's the sign of a successful club who are on the up.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
She told me I was foolish for opting for a wedding instead of the Doncaster game. She was probably right.

As has been said, I'm sure, non-believers = non-Albion fans.

It's a very odd turn of phrase, though. If you're an Albion fan or supporter, what is it that you believe?

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
as Chairman i am very keen to move it into 2000,s and wil be working hard to liase with other supporters groups to bring us all together to support our club

I can't let this quote - buried as it is amongst all this hot air - pass without comment.

Sorry matey but you've had the best part of 12 years to move the supporters' club into the 2000's. If you can't get your arses into gear in that time then you deserve to fall into terminal decline. I can't recall one advert in a programme nor one mention on here or Albion Roar or over the PA at Withdean or Falmer in that time. When was the last time you had a drive to increase membership? What's the average age of the fans in the club? What's the longevity of tenure of the executives of the club? Have you got any new blood in or is it the same old faces from the last 30 years?

...and "will be liaising"? I take it you haven't contacted any yet then....that is very poor and goes to show that you are not really relevant if that is the case.

Sorry, Chairman, but just telling it like I see it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Currently, I believe we are f***ing brilliant.

I thought it was a Monty Python reference, but who knows!

I'm sure you supported the team even when you believed they were f***ing shite!

Have some rep.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I have no idea to be honest, due to my brother buying my tickets online on each occasion, but that's not the point to be honest. She is and always has been stuck in the dark ages and needs to wake up and smell the roses!

You should have 50 points now (including the Palace game) like me - but I got the Gillingham tickets in the club shop and they put all 3 tickets in my name so you and Ziggy will have missed out on 20 points there - so 30 points for you and 20 for Ziggy, I reckon!

Even reading the qualifying comments later in this thread, I still feel a little insulted by Liz's comments. Like many, I went through a phase of going regularly to matches at the Goldstone (at Ziggy's encouragement), and got to a few matches at Withdean, and would now like to be a more regular supporter (within financial constraints) but missed out on getting a season ticket. Yes, the new stadium had a big part to play in that desire - but surely Liz ought to be welcoming back the lost Goldstone supporters with open arms, not pouring scorn on us!

You should have 50 points now (including the Palace game) like me - but I got the Gillingham tickets in the club shop and they put all 3 tickets in my name so you and Ziggy will have missed out on 20 points there - so 30 points for you and 20 for Ziggy, I reckon!

Even reading the qualifying comments later in this thread, I still feel a little insulted by Liz's comments. Like many, I went through a phase of going regularly to matches at the Goldstone (at Ziggy's encouragement), and got to a few matches at Withdean, and would now like to be a more regular supporter (within financial constraints) but missed out on getting a season ticket. Yes, the new stadium had a big part to play in that desire - but surely Liz ought to be welcoming back the lost Goldstone supporters with open arms, not pouring scorn on us!

Hear hear! And thanks for letting me know my points too :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here