Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Robinho

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
From the Indy

Sheikh Mansour told fans on Sunday that "we understand it takes time to build a team" and there will be more evidence tomorrow that City, in some respects at least, can afford to take things in their stride. While the club's run to the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup last season – and the prospect it offered of silverware after 22 years – took on nerve-shredding significance, Hughes is going to enjoy the luxury of rotation at Brighton. Will Robinho and his box of tricks be on show at the Withdean Stadium, the City manager was asked. "No," he replied.

i just hope Petrov and Elano play

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For sale: one ticket for a shit side against Man City reserves in a shit stadium.

Will accept £2.50p.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As Micky Adams said

Robinho and his mates only have two arms and a head like the rest of us.

if he only has two arms and a head how does he walk?

I do hope man City put out a reasonable side....if its just their yoof side its a fecking lot of money to watch them

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
When Robinho signed for Man City, he had it written in his contract that he did not have to play at the Withdean

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
anybody who bought their tickets expecting to see a full strength City side play against us is seriously deluded

Couldn't agree more. The fact that there is a man city youth game tonight tells us that their squad tomorrow will be fringe players (Ball, Hamann, Vassell, Tal-Haim) who play Wednesday night.

Still, should be the best football we have seen at Withdean for a while

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I seriously do hope they send out someone we know....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The bad news is City are not taking the game seriously.

The good news is City are not taking the game seriously.

PG

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Couldn't agree more. The fact that there is a man city youth game tonight tells us that their squad tomorrow will be fringe players (Ball, Hamann, Vassell, Tal-Haim) who play Wednesday night.

Still, should be the best football we have seen at Withdean for a while

Fringe players who have 120 odd caps between them

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I seriously do hope they send out someone we know....

Their reserve team now is quite similar to their first team last season with all the signings they made this summer. It would not surprise me if one or two big name players like Elano, Petrov and Wright-Phillips were on the bench just in case we went a goal up. While this might not be their most important cup, I am sure they do not want to put a dampener on all their recent good news by losing to us. I believe it is also their best chance of silverware this year.

Even with their reserve team it is hard to see us winning but it is a cup and you never know.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
surely no one was expecting to see anything other than a reserve team turn up?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Personally I would be more than happy if we beat a team full of reserves and youth team players to get through to the next round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here