Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no not Mclaren

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Six months ago I'd have said Allardyce could make a good international manager. He has the personality and the tactical nous to make a good fist of the job.

But in recent months he has started to whine endlessly about referees after every single match, and throw in pre-prepared nerdy stats from a crib sheet on camera. You've got to do better than that for the big gig.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Martin O'Niell would get my vote... good track record (including European experience), plenty of passion, knowledge of our leagues and players as well as how to handle the press, no dodgy private life.... just depends on how his wife is I would imagine.

Can't believe McLaran would get a look in (please God.. !)

Alternatively, how about McGhee with plenty of compensation coming our way !!!???:lolol: :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think Paul Jewell would be a good choice. Tactically astute, well liked by players and honest. However I don't think he would want it.

E

enigma

Les Biehn said:
I think Paul Jewell would be a good choice. Tactically astute, well liked by players and honest. However I don't think he would want it.

Needs a bigger job, but agree with you. If he went to say Villa/Newcastle and proved himself could be a great choice.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i think big sam would install a bit of (sadly lacking) passion into the side but i cant help thinking he a bit 'mike bassett ish'

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Would like O'Neill. Hope his personal situation with his ill wife improves enough for him to consider this post.

McLaren doesn't represent a step forward in my opinion – his only real qualification is that he's part of the existing set-up. In terms of personality, track record, excitement factor etc, he scores big fat zeros frankly.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Big Sam, despite his "rough northerner" image, is probably the most go-ahead technical manager in the Premiership right now. It wouldn't hurt to give him a go!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Snowy said:
Big Sam, despite his "rough northerner" image, is probably the most go-ahead technical manager in the Premiership right now. It wouldn't hurt to give him a go!
It f***ing would. It would hurt my neck. :nono:

E

enigma

Snowy said:

Sophisticated in his approach to coaching matter and the use of sports science apparently, but not with his tactics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here