Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No more talk of wilkins please!!!!!

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
Ok so were down, knight has made mistakes but is still the guy that came in and saved the club when no one else would, is still the guy that has despite all against us has started building us a new stadium, is still the guy that has managed the club in such a way that we have been in the championship twice in a ground that isnt fit for the conference and is still the guy that has kept this club out of administration made money available for players despite ridiculous overheads that would have sent any other club to the wall years ago.

But despite all this he should go becuase he sacked wilkins
Because if wilkins wasnt here we wouldnt be in this mess because after all we did finish a distant seventh last year.

This is utter bullshit total and utter bullshit!!!!!

Look at the top ten in the league

Pboro liecester mk dons scunthorpe stockport none of them were in this league last year its much stronger that is a fact.

And i might add souces close to the club will tell you wilkins was a arrogant jumped up little shit who let the top job go to his head who had no respect from the staff directors and the majority of the players (except all the ex youth teamers who he played every week who if this season is anything to go on (lynch excepted)can all f*** off as the obviously played for him but have shown a total disresepect to the club and its loyal fans this season.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Ok so were down, knight has made mistakes but is still the guy that came in and saved the club when no one else would, is still the guy that has despite all against us has started building us a new stadium, is still the guy that has managed the club in such a way that we have been in the championship twice in a ground that isnt fit for the conference and is still the guy that has kept this club out of administration made money available for players despite ridiculous overheads that would have sent any other club to the wall years ago.

Because if wilkins wasnt here we wouldnt be in this mess because after all we did finish a distant seventh last year.

Pboro liecester mk dons scunthorpe stockport none of them were in this league last year its much stronger that is a fact.

And i might add souces close to the club will tell you wilkins was a arrogant jumped up little shit who let the top job go to his head who had no respect from the staff directors and the majority of the players (except all the ex youth teamers who he played every week who if this season is anything to go on (lynch excepted)can all f*** off as the obviously played for him but have shown a total disresepect to the club and its loyal fans this season.

Your username obviously suits you.

D

Deleted member 2719

predictable response from a typical small minded cretin of which this club has too many

The way the club is being run currently we will lose all us truly vocal and passionate fans to the Cucumber sandwich brigade and i am sorry that just ain't football as i know it - and as a loyal fan why should we have to put up with the spin Knight keeps serving up to get his power status.

If the board doesn't act soon on Dick, we won't have a club and who will be moaning then MR Gullable?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

So you want no more talk of Wilkins, but you start a thread about him.

Are you thick?

Last edited:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
"QUOTE: This is utter bullshit total and utter bullshit!!!!!

Pboro liecester mk dons scunthorpe stockport none of them were in this league last year its much stronger that is a fact."

Look at the bottom ten in the league though, they were here last season and we can't beat them either. The other clubs have moved forwards and we have moved backwards. Thanks Dick, now eff off.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Whatever his faults and fall outs he finished seventh and bar a miracle, well be relegated this season.

If a manager doesn't get on with a number of players but has success, well I couldn't give a toss.

Doesn't respect the board.. mmm, well he perhaps he knows better.

Doesn't get on with the press ? Oh dear, what a disaster.

Oh well it's ok, relegation doesn't matter as long as everyone gets on behind the scenes.

Is this a professional football club or a village cricket team ?

If Wilkins had finished mid table this year, he would have still got the push. Apparently not glamourous enough for this big team with loads of potential.

What a joke.

D

Deleted member 2719

Whatever his faults and fall outs he finished seventh and bar a miracle, well be relegated this season.

If a manager doesn't get on with a number of players but has success, well I couldn't give a toss.

Oh well it's ok, relegation doesn't matter as long as everyone gets on behind the scenes.

If Wilkins had finished mid table this year, he would have still got the push. Apparently not glamourous enough for this big team with loads of potential.

What a joke.

It's Knights own Sunday League side i think, before we know it he will re-brand us Knight and Hove Albion!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

And if you look at the players we've had here this season we should've been stronger ourselves this season to be able to cope with it. The fact is Wilkins could get the best out of players and the club f***ed up big time by sacking him and it's being proved now by us being on the point of relegation.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
predictable response from a typical small minded cretin of which this club has too many

Typical 'licker', you carry on beliving the spin the club puts out mate and enjoy watching us in the conference in 2 years. My village cricket club is better organised than the shambles the Albion is at the moment.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
if you got your head out of knights arse and looked at the facts you would clearly see knight has brought this on himself,he should come out and tell us the real reason dean wilkins was sacked...:salute:

What a joke.

:clap:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Here! Here!
some people on here are just stuck in the past, so whatever then happens in the future isn't good enough.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The way the club is being run currently we will lose all us truly vocal and passionate fans to the Cucumber sandwich brigade and i am sorry that just ain't football as i know it - and as a loyal fan why should we have to put up with the spin Knight keeps serving up to get his power status.

If the board doesn't act soon on Dick, we won't have a club and who will be moaning then MR Gullable?

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. If Knight hadn't acted in 1997 we would not have had a club. How exactly will we not have one soon? By the way, do you really believe that the Blooms are funding the managerial changes, loan signings, new signings etc and letting Knight make all the decisions. They were made by the board as a whole not just by Knight which people like you often point out when things are going well but ignore at times like this.

Out of interest, are you saying that because I support Dick Knight I am part of the cucumber sandwich brigade and all anti Dick Knight people are passionate and vocal fans. I would put money on having gone to more games than you in all of the last 10 seasons and I have never particularly liked cucumber but lets not let facts get in the way of your story. I take it you will be at all the games for the rest of the season, or have you given up long ago?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The way the club is being run currently we will lose all us truly vocal and passionate fans to the Cucumber sandwich brigade and i am sorry that just ain't football as i know it

Who are the Cucumber Sandwich Brigade? We should be told!

Are they rivals to the GDC whose stilton, port, prawn, pakora and cava fuelled breakfasts re part of modern Albion folklore.

I shall be watching for any cucumber sandwich eaters on Monday. Should I ask the Colchester stewards to eject them?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
When we lost the Goldstone, it was entirely down to the board, and as the years have past, and we remain without a ground of our own, then I have held the grudge against the board for that. Completely unable to put it behind me until we have our own ground once more.

As much as I love DK for ousting those tossers, I will also be unable to forget or forgive him for his treatment of Wilkins until we have regained the League 1 status we are inevitably about to lose. In fact, I may need to see us back in the top 10 of League 1, with a group of home-grown young talent, with BHA coursing through their veins. Seeing endless wasters come through this club, caring nit a jot for us as they try to regain fitness, or pass through waiting for a better deal, replacing our young talent who were every bit as good as those coming into their places, has been like a dagger through my heart.

This has been a very hard 12 months to deal with. Until we get back to where we were, I for one, will be dishing up plenty of "talk of Wilkins." If you don't want to hear it, then just ignore me, but it's an itch I can't stop scratching just yet.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have previoulsy backed Knight as generally things have gone pretty well for us since 1997. Three promotions, some good managers and generally surviving above our station (ie, groundless). However, his decision, or that of the board, to sack Wilkins seriously backfired. And, bearing in mind he made his money in marketing and advertising, he hasn't done a very good PR job on himself. This may be a blip or it may be the start of a serious slide in his stewardship.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Very eloquently put Gritt23 and I agree 100%.

Leaving aside the morally-repugnant way the affair was handled (destroying any claims the Albion had about being a 'caring, family club') the biggest problem is that the club forgot the golden rule of football management: it's a results business. This was brought home to me again watching 'The Damned United'. Clough had absolutely no working relationship with the Derby chairman (Sam Longson?). He was breathtakingly rude to him and undermined him at every opportunity, even to the extent of signing players behind his back when he'd been told expressly not to. Longson tolerated it all the time Derby were winning, but Clough's behaviour meant he had no well of goodwill to draw on when he needed it, consequently at the first opportunity he had Longson got rid of him by accepting his resignation.

As has been discussed on here none of us know the real reason for Wilkins departure, but both sides agree that if 'the truth' finally comes out it will be something so utterly trivial or stupid that everybody will wonder what the fuss was about. (And it will probably make the club look even more pathetic which is another reason for it to remain hidden). We know it was nothing to do with results as Knight confirmed at the Fans' Forum that Wilkins would have been sacked even if we'd been promoted. Forgetting football's equivalent of the Law of Gravity was the club's biggest mistake; it shouldn't have mattered if Wilkins only attended training for five minutes every other month, only ever communicated by carrier pigeon and defecated on the boardroom table after every home game, it's a results game and Wilkins was getting them. If we'd struggled this season, even just slightly off the pace, well yes, the knives would have been out and Wilkins unknown misdemeanours of last season would have ensured he wouldn't have lasted long.

Unfortunately the club will not acknowledge their mistake and that to me is the most worrying thing and the reason we will keep on mentioning the 'W' word. If they can't see they made the wrong decision for the wrong reasons they will probably make it again.

D

Deleted member 2719

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. If Knight hadn't acted in 1997 we would not have had a club. How exactly will we not have one soon? By the way, do you really believe that the Blooms are funding the managerial changes, loan signings, new signings etc and letting Knight make all the decisions. They were made by the board as a whole not just by Knight which people like you often point out when things are going well but ignore at times like this.

Out of interest, are you saying that because I support Dick Knight I am part of the cucumber sandwich brigade and all anti Dick Knight people are passionate and vocal fans. I would put money on having gone to more games than you in all of the last 10 seasons and I have never particularly liked cucumber but lets not let facts get in the way of your story. I take it you will be at all the games for the rest of the season, or have you given up long ago?

Sorry but i live in the present so let's forget 1997- it was great then and he did well then.

Of course the board is involved but it is also blatantly obvious that he is in charge of them and because of ONE man's dislike of Wilkins that is why we are in this position Knight was not thinking of the club when getting rid of Wilkins he was thinking of himself which seems unusual i know.

I don't like to generalise but everyone i have ever spoken to who actively back DK have usually have met him a few times and get star stuck - so therefore can not weigh up our current situation from an unbiased view point- Have you met him Finchely?

You probably do get to see more games than i do currently as i have a young family and a business to run which makes my life somewhat busy but it doesn't mean i am unable to judge what has gone on.

The games i have watched at the Withdean this season seemed like at lot of old geezers who obviously love the Albion but not the vocal singing type for 90mins just maybe they have watched too much crap this season and are the "never mind there always next season" type - well as you may have gathered i hate the Albion losing especially when i could have been a promotion year to the Championship but i hate even more when i think what our club has been put in to financial jeopardy because of EGO.

As for cucumber it's more of a corporate sandwich (well maybe a few years back) and i feel football is more of a working man's game, yes go with the times but keep the cooperate to a minimum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here