Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Moans Yet About The Roof?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't like it, its too quiet...

Report from the North Stand following the roof's first serious workout: the swirly-wind-assisted rain reached completely in as far as Row N and dampened the knees of those in Row O. There were many unfortunates nearer the front who were so wet they looked like they'd fallen in the duck pond.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I got wet at the football. :clap2:

Withdean is back in spirit!! :bowdown: The Amex is becoming a home. For me, Withdean only became a home during THAT friday night game with Rochdale.

Ah, memories.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I must confess, it was extremely odd sitting watching an Albion home game and hearing the rain but not getting wet!
I'd want a refund if I got wet where I sit; WSU, second row from the back!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I got totaly soaked at the front of the north stand, The disabled section I was in was virtually deserted long before the end of the game as fans tried to find some kind of shelter from the rain.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another WSU here. Didn't realise it was raining until my nephew pointed it out.

It was a bit of a culture shock when we left the stadium. ,

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I must confess, it was extremely odd sitting watching an Albion home game and hearing the rain but not getting wet!
Yep, standing out in the rain in the train queue wasa strangely reassuring experience.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I don't mind watching football in the rain but waiting for a bus after the game for about 40 minutes in the pissing rain did not make me happy at all..

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

Report from the North Stand following the roof's first serious workout: the swirly-wind-assisted rain reached completely in as far as Row N and dampened the knees of those in Row O. There were many unfortunates nearer the front who were so wet they looked like they'd fallen in the duck pond.

Roof, what f***ing roof?:smile:

bring_zamora_home

Mar 16, 2011
You have to admit you can't say it's a state of the art stadium if when it rains everyone in rows up to m-n get wet and I'm sure gus couldn't have been happy not only was he soaked all the bench had to sit there getting wet

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick

. Still bloody wet now. Cant we arrange for the wind and rain to only fall and blow on the south stand?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here