Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Hats in Dicks?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
You should grow it like this. Then try and get them to take Your hat off. imagesCAT6XH1I.jpg
Unfortunate my hair is extremely thick and very curly, it grows into a natural Afro for some reason. It was cool when I was younger but now I'm balding rapidly on top it looks horrendous. That is why I keep it short. Unfortunately I feel people are presuming I'm a thug because of my short hair which really is not the case but I can't stop people making uneducated judgements.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Right. Lets get ONE THING clear from the outset.

Why the f*** would you want to wear a hat INDOORS? I can see why with kids but ADULTS? Why? Unless you are some gangsta rapper or fuckwit obviously.

Here is a fine example of a "GANGSTA RAPPER or FUCKWIT" wearing a HAT INDOORS!!!! And with a spare on the table , just in case!!!!!
HM_Queen_Elizabeth_II-r974700.jpg

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Alternatively if you really wish to wear your hat, drink in the concourse.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
its amazing that that there are people that query why they are requested to remove hats indoors,parents usually get this message to their offspring by the time they are five years of age,together with the fact you do not wear outdoor shoes around the house.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
its amazing that that there are people that query why they are requested to remove hats indoors,parents usually get this message to their offspring by the time they are five years of age,together with the fact you do not wear outdoor shoes around the house.

Absolute bollocks. What about all those old photos and films of working class men wearing their flat caps in the pub then? Were they all retarded neanderthal ganstas too? Remind me what f***ing century we're supposed to be in please.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
East Stand hats,,,,,on the subject of hats...may i remind those who reside in the east on match days that if its sunny tomorrow don't forget yur baseball style hat and sunglasses or risk having to hav a hand raised to shield your eyes from the sun for the whole of the first half :(

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I personally wouldn't want to wear a hat in Dick's Bar but it does seem a bit odd that if you look down to the shop from the bar what can you see on display for sale? - hats. So you can buy them but not wear them!!

Coz they are for outdoor wear.:rolleyes:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
When a gentleman “dons” his hat to leave or “doffs” his hat to a lady, his actions are being described by two British colloquialisms that come from contractions of the phrases “do on” meaning “to do”, and the Middle English “doffen”, which became “don off” meaning “to do off”!

Hats are tipped, (or doffed) slightly lifting the hat off your forehead, when meeting a lady (remove your hat if you stop to talk), or to "say" to anyone, male or female – thank you, excuse me, hello, goodbye, you’re welcome or how do you do.

Tipping of the hat is a conventional gesture of politeness. This hat tipping custom has the same origin as military saluting, which came from the raising of medieval Knights face visors to show friendliness.

Hats are worn less now, but at the turn of the 20th century, all adults wore hats whenever they left the house. It was a matter of good personal hygiene, since hats were a protection from industrial dirt.

Hats are removed when inside, except for places that are akin to public streets, like lobbies, corridors, and crowded elevators (non-residential). In a public building (where there are no apartments) the elevator is considered a public area.

You may choose to remove your hat in a public elevator, but in the presence of a lady your hat must be removed.

A gentleman takes off his hat and holds it in his hand when a lady enters the elevator in any building that can be classified as a dwelling such as an apartment house or hotel. He puts it on again in the corridor.

A public corridor is like the street, but an elevator in a hotel or apartment house has the character of a room in a house and there a gentleman does not keep his hat on in the presence of ladies.

Hats are removed for the National Anthem, passing of the Flag and funeral processions, outdoor weddings, dedications, and photographs.

Removed hats are held in hand in such a way that only the outside and never the lining is visible.

Great Info. Today I have learnt some stuff :)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Not related to hats, but on the subject of Dicks. The Eastern European steward that makes you stand behind the line while you wait to go in Dicks. He got very angry with people that infringed the line, even so much as a toe. Last time I was home he was getting quite aggressive with a few lads who were waiting to get in who had dared encroach "the line". I don't think they had hats on either.
My thoughts at the time were; not a very friendly chap, lots of repressed anger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here