Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Hats in Dicks?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't think I'm offended by it, it's more that I find it a bit odd wearing a hat indoors and can't imagine doing it myself. My girlfriend always wears a cap indoors purely for hair management reasons so I guess she's got a reasonable argument for it there (although her choice of Australia cricket cap is not to my approval!)

My head genuinely gets very cold as I basically have a skin head( short grade 1) so that's my excuse :)

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Right. Lets get ONE THING clear from the outset.

Why the f*** would you want to wear a hat INDOORS? I can see why with kids but ADULTS? Why? Unless you are some gangsta rapper or fuckwit obviously.

It's poor manners, apart from anything else. Vulgar.

You need to go to finishing school. Wearing hats inside is downright rude. Neanderthal.

I don't think I'm offended by it, it's more that I find it a bit odd wearing a hat indoors and can't imagine doing it myself. My girlfriend always wears a cap indoors purely for hair management reasons so I guess she's got a reasonable argument for it there (although her choice of Australia cricket cap is not to my approval!)

Is she all these things because she wears a hat indoors?? Really???

Before being admitted to Dick's Bar, people are still being asked by stewards to remove their hats once upstairs. On asking the reason I was informed, "It's for CCTV. If there's an incident, we can more easily identify people."

Dick's is meant to be the fans' bar, friendly and welcoming, open to all. That hats rule seems petty and somewhat bizarre. And inconsistent. The East Stand Brasserie - which now functions as a (far bigger) bar post-match - imposes no such restriction.

Have there been any recent incidents of menacing, hat-wearing felons storming in and making off with the tills, the pies... or the staff? What on earth is going on?

Are you Ponce Buzzer in disguise?

And are you focused on hiding a bald spot under your hat?

There haven't been incidents, because everyone has to doff their caps and hats.

No hats in Dicks - no dicks in hats

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I sometimes wear hats indoors. Having a balding severely clippered head it's sometimes nice not to have the top of your head glowing like a beacon under the lights, so a light baseball cap with mesh does the job nicely. Similarly for musicians under lights from Eamon Hamilton to The Edge, covering up indoors is the way to go. My manners are pretty impeccable so I don't see at as an upbringing issue. If I'm asked politely to take it off anywhere I comply. It's only when you get treated like a menace to society just for wearing one that I raise an objection. I'm surprised by some of the extreme reactions against it on here, oh hang on, no I'm not.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAL7OF9I.jpg Did someone say dick hats ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
This would only be a problem if you have one of those hats with a ponytail attached to be back and you wanted to give the impression that you have hair.

Are whigs allowed? Is Richard Hebberd allowed access?

Too LIBERAL

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well said. I'm glad somebody still has some basic moral standards.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would this policy also apply to hair hats, do we know?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My head genuinely gets very cold as I basically have a skin head( short grade 1) so that's my excuse
In which case you should either shiver slightly, or grow your hair to a sensible, adequate length - with the added benefit of improving your appearance, even to the extent that it might even move you up a social class.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Surely one never wears a hat in a place of worship?

(Having said that, GT makes a fair point - it DOES seem a very odd rule.)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
In which case you should either shiver slightly, or grow your hair to a sensible, adequate length - with the added benefit of improving your appearance, even to the extent that it might even move you up a social class.

So you presume I'm a low life because I have very short hair, congratulations on being a snob. I keep my hair short and trim as I'm thinning rapidly on top and it looks smarter kept this way! I would also like to ask who exactly you think you are to comment on my social class, and to advise on how to better my appearance. You have never met me and know nothing about me so I can't help but feel you've been a bit of line to be honest.

Jan 30, 2008
So you presume I'm a low life because I have very short hair, congratulations on being a snob. I keep my hair short and trim as I'm thinning rapidly on top and it looks smarter kept this way! I would also like to ask who exactly you think you are to comment on my social class, and to advise on how to better my appearance. You have never met me and know nothing about me so I can't help but feel you've been a bit of line to be honest.
mate he's way above his station in all aspects of his life MAYBE HE WAS BULLIED AT SCHOOL

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Could you not just let your hair grow out a bit?

Unfortunate my hair is extremely thick and very curly, it grows into a natural Afro for some reason. It was cool when I was younger but now I'm balding rapidly on top it looks horrendous. That is why I keep it short. Unfortunately I feel people are presuming I'm a thug because of my short hair which really is not the case but I can't stop people making uneducated judgements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here