Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Hats in Dicks?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Right. Lets get ONE THING clear from the outset.

Why the f*** would you want to wear a hat INDOORS? I can see why with kids but ADULTS? Why? Unless you are some gangsta rapper or fuckwit obviously.
I wear hats all the time, at the football, at work whenever I fancy really, I've even worn hats in Dick's Bar. So according to your logic I'm a "fuckwit", obviously. Thanks for letting me know, Bigot.

Before being admitted to Dick's Bar, people are still being asked by stewards to remove their hats once upstairs. On asking the reason I was informed, "It's for CCTV. If there's an incident, we can more easily identify people."
A curious approach to risk assessment.

Where is trouble more likely? Inside the supporters bar? Or outside?

Where are hats allowed? Inside the supporters bar? Or outside?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It's the same in almost every bar in town as well. Makes sense in trouble spots.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Right. Lets get ONE THING clear from the outset.

Why the f*** would you want to wear a hat INDOORS? I can see why with kids but ADULTS? Why? Unless you are some gangsta rapper or fuckwit obviously.

It's poor manners, apart from anything else. Vulgar.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wear hats all the time, at the football, at work whenever I fancy really, I've even worn hats in Dick's Bar. So according to your logic I'm a "fuckwit", obviously. Thanks for letting me know, Bigot.

You need to go to finishing school. Wearing hats inside is downright rude. Neanderthal.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
While we're on the subject.

People that wear SCARVES indoors :facepalm:

Before being admitted to Dick's Bar, people are still being asked by stewards to remove their hats once upstairs. On asking the reason I was informed, "It's for CCTV. If there's an incident, we can more easily identify people."

Dick's is meant to be the fans' bar, friendly and welcoming, open to all. That hats rule seems petty and somewhat bizarre. And inconsistent. The East Stand Brasserie - which now functions as a (far bigger) bar post-match - imposes no such restriction.

Have there been any recent incidents of menacing, hat-wearing felons storming in and making off with the tills, the pies... or the staff? What on earth is going on?

you were lucky wanted my pants removed!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So then, should people have to carry a bag around with them to put all the accessories in? I'm sure someone will say that's not allowed too!

I should probably clarify that, if you're still wearing a coat and aren't planning on staying then it's fair enough but you get people that just have a t-shirt on and then wear a scarf with it which just seems wrong.

As for hats, most coats come with these things called pockets which can be used to store such items.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
This isn't difficult, the people that own a bar have a rule, what ever the rule may be if you don't like it, dont go!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I should probably clarify that, if you're still wearing a coat and aren't planning on staying then it's fair enough but you get people that just have a t-shirt on and then wear a scarf with it which just seems wrong.

As for hats, most coats come with these things called pockets which can be used to store such items.

I'm with you on the scarf and t-shirt thing,I don't get it. As for hats, I don't understand why so many people are offended by them. The argument of 'hats are only for when it's cold' is lacking in substance a little. Do people who wear trainers when not participating in sport get frowned upon by the fashion Gurus of NSC

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm with you on the scarf and t-shirt thing,I don't get it. As for hats, I don't understand why so many people are offended by them. The argument of 'hats are only for when it's cold' is lacking in substance a little. Do people who wear trainers when not participating in sport get frowned upon by the fashion Gurus of NSC

I don't think I'm offended by it, it's more that I find it a bit odd wearing a hat indoors and can't imagine doing it myself. My girlfriend always wears a cap indoors purely for hair management reasons so I guess she's got a reasonable argument for it there (although her choice of Australia cricket cap is not to my approval!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here