Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Nightsleeper........

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
......BBC iplayer.
SPOILER ALERT.
Quite possibly the worst drama ever put on TV. I’m on episode 6 just to see how bad it gets.
Plot. The overnight train from Scotland to London gets hacked and taken over remotely. Train moves off but then stops a few stations down the line. Everyone gets off except 12 people, every character you’d expect to see in a B movie.
Invalid, alcoholic, innocent man charged with theft, black person, illegal immigrant, gay guy, young stow-away, reporter, MP, old guy with not long to live, large woman and others.
Cut to cyber crime headquarters and more boxes ticked.
Boss who thinks they know it all, other boss who dictates orders, guy who boss hates and was kicked out but has to return to save the day, love affair between couple.
Politics take over. Who owns the trains? The train is owned by company A which is owned by country B whilst the track is owned by company C which is owned by country D. You get the idea. And none of them will talk to the cyber HQ.
Funniest moment. In the buffet car, all present agree it’s time for a drink, heck they’ve 4 hours to live. Large woman behind the bar shows them a price list.
The train does stop, on Ribblehead Viaduct. But why no-one gets out I don’t understand. Whilst all doors are locked, they have a smashed window.
But wait, there’s a goods train in the way and person B needs authorisation from persons C & D to move it.
Now lets shoot out the train, but miss and set fire to the train.
Now lets move a train purposefully in the way to stop it and kill all on board, turn off all cameras, no evidence.
If you love Airplane! you’ll fall about laughing at this show, except it’s meant to be serious.
Please BBC, don’t waste my licence fee on stuff like this.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We've watched it.

Could (and should have been) 2 episodes long. Maximum.

Far, far too long, with some shocking acting.

What a pile of:poop:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This sort of stuff is always decent escapist dramatic fare so not a complete waste of time to watch, if you just want something to wind down to in the evening.

But I watched the first two episodes.

The casting seems a little odd. The Welsh lass, doesn't seem believable
The humour is humourless
There's nobody particularly likeable
The grown up who continually shares confined spaces with a young boy sets my teeth on edge a little
The rocker computer dude is annoying.
The general level of unprofessionalism is the cyber security department

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
......BBC iplayer.

Quite possibly the worst drama ever put on TV. I’m on episode 6 just to see how bad it gets.
Plot. The overnight train from Scotland to London gets hacked and taken over remotely. Train moves off
This is where it lost all creditability and descended into fantasy

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Watched the first two episodes last night. It is gloriously bad, once I suspended my sense of disbelief I'm enjoying it as a trashy thriller. I'll continue watching.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Watched all six back to back, not quite as shocking as Vigil but close, i’m afraid we’ve been spoiled by the high end streaming content of Prime, Netflix, Paramount et al and regrettably the traditional British Channels will never match, currently i’m absolutely hating Grace, I thought the second season of Sherwood was tosh, the list is endless, maybe they should all stick to documentary’s and light entertainment and leave the drama to the big boys, you just know any fresh attempt on Line of Duty will be a shit as Trigger point

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I made it through two episodes., but just barely.

I very nearly turned it off when the only bloke on the train who seems to have a clue about anything and the head of the national security whozits decided to sing a song together over the phone. In the middle of a pretty serious humdinger of a problem.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Watched it all. Just like the plane one far too much impossible shit. Try and at least make some of it plausible.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Saw some of episode 1 but Mrs DCH watched the rest without me as I spent most of the time picking holes in the setup, not least channeling my inner @jackalbion by pointing out that the Gatwick Express kept switching from the outside shots of the real one to a red version of some variation of those horrible 3 car trains we had to Falmer until recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here