Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nights out in Brighton for the more discerning gentleman - ideas please.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Your obviously from hove then

YOU'RE - as in you are obviously from hove.

Though no. Swing and a miss there. My fault - positive reinforcement is considered to be more effective pedagogy - I'll be looking out for something you get right.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Had my stag do in Brighton a couple of years ago, and we spent the Saturday night in Komedia and then headed straight into the club night there (was something Motown-related). Was a good laugh with plenty of booze and an opportunity for a bit of a boogie without having to endure West Street.
Good shout. But then I would say that.

If you're not all dicks (because we throw them out), then Komedia is a great choice.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Hanover pub crawl (18 pubs my advice have a half in each) then titty bar always a winner - alledgedly.

Do the still do the Hanover Monopoly drinking game ???

I'd get married to Lassie just to give it a go :smile:

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
Thank you for some fantastic tips and pointers, oh wise ones of NSC.
Not short of options now.

See .... you are good for something !
;)

D

Deleted User X18H

North Laines to south Laines.

avoid the fountain head manager is a moody cow do a crawl from trafalgar street through to the south Laines great pubs, the george,basket makers, eagle , wagon and horses, then you got untold choice in the south Laines ,bath arms ,black lion ,cricketers to name a few, then by my watch should make that titty bar o'clock (I'm normally far to pissed by that time :D ) have fun my dad enjoy his stag do on a similar route

Keeel him

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
To me, it would all depend on the size and age of your group, if there are no fancy dress or themes you stand a better chance, but we suffer down here from the majority of doormen being jobsworths due to Brighton being such a popular venue for stag/hen parties. They dont know how to deal with possible trouble so avoid it by not letting a group of blokes in.

Id stick to a pub crawl starting at the Sussex and move toward the pump house, druids, bath arms, font, seven stars, and then when people start to get pissed move on towards west st or head toward a lap club.

It's a tough one, but every stag night needs to end up looking at fit girls, whether they're hammered and peuking on west street or sober and fleecing you in a lap club. The choice is yours!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
When had mine - my best man arranged

Met in Hove Park Tav
Dogs - Meal, Race sponsor
Graces - meat action
then a bar (cant rem)
Oceana (was so pissed)

got home 5am - felt sober as a judge - ended up playing fifa

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
Just out of interest ...

If one were to end up in a 'gentlemans establishment' at the end of a night, any suggestions for where?

No doubt there's good and there's bad, while recognising the universally accepted premise that you will be fleeced completely, regardless of where you go.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
That's a negatory for the Mesmerist. They don't let same sex groups in. Which is a shame if you're gay, or on a stag/hen night. Mixed groups only.

Can't some in the group 'go trannie' for the night.......... I mean it IS Brighton after all, you have a reputation to uphold.

If the doorman questions your 5 o'clock shadow, just tw*t him with your handbag.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Just out of interest ...

If one were to end up in a 'gentlemans establishment' at the end of a night, any suggestions for where?

No doubt there's good and there's bad, while recognising the universally accepted premise that you will be fleeced completely, regardless of where you go.

Only been to Platinum Lace, down near The Thistle Hotel....the ladies were very friendly.

Got given a free entry card for a year, blew ridiculous amounts of money in there while I was off my face, cut my entry card up after and have never been back.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Just out of interest ...

Revenge down near the pier has some LOVELY females in there :ohmy:

Get there this side of annihilated, and you'll all have a grand time :thumbsup:

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Agree with the comments re The Mesmerist, 5 of us in our fifties tried to go in and the Jobsworth on the door would not let us - despite 6 of his mates going in before. Also had a similar issue with The Cricketers, which we left to go to The Mesmerist. Brighton is not a good place to go if in a group, no matter what your ages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here