Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Niggly Forest

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone else think Forest were a nasty niggly team? I lost count of the times their players were just nudging the ball away after conceeding a free kick, holding our players, snide little nudges in the back and so on and so forth. I know it seems to part and parcel of football nowadays, but it just struck me they were at it a lot more than other teams I've seen.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I would say that we would out play most teams in this division but we lack strength and size so teams will hold kick nudge as they know it will unsettle more of our flair players. Certainly we have 1 player who likes to hold push and generally be a pain in the arse to the other team and that is AEA:clap:punish:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I agree. Especially in the second half, they seemed more interested in breaking up the game. They also were a lot more direct in the second half and it seemed to suit them as I barely remember us winning a header. As for Halford, he was as dirty this year as he was last season when we played against Portsmouth.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just a game plan to knock us out our stride and it worked 2nd half.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Halford shouldve been sent off for a second yellow.

Also Andy Reid is a fat fucker, how a pro sportsman can be in that sort of shape is bizarre.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Only just.. Number 15 (Halford?) must have been 1 more foul away from being sent off..

Not with yesterdays ref. As an ex ref I do not like critising the man in black as I know what a hard job it is, but I will make an exception with yesterdays, he must have been one of the worst refs I have seen .making incorrect decisions the whole of the match aainst both teams

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I thought Forest were physical and robust in the challenge, in pretty awful conditions, but no more than that. Certainly not a dirty team though Halford is a bit lacking in finesse, shall we say.

Credit to them for coming to the Amex and trying to play a bit ... shame the monsoon made beautiful football impossible for both teams.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Also Andy Reid is a fat fucker, how a pro sportsman can be in that sort of shape is bizarre.

Have to disagree with you there! Seems positively Sylph like compared to when he played last season! lol

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Anyone else think Forest were a nasty niggly team? I lost count of the times their players were just nudging the ball away after conceeding a free kick, holding our players, snide little nudges in the back and so on and so forth. I know it seems to part and parcel of football nowadays, but it just struck me they were at it a lot more than other teams I've seen.

Your own team was as guilty as any other when you played us the other week.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Your own team was as guilty as any other when you played us the other week.

What is it with you Payless morons? Do you think you have an obligation to stink out every thread on here? Slow day on Pikey Chat is it?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Have to disagree with you there! Seems positively Sylph like compared to when he played last season! lol

I think he was subbed so he could be could be first to take advantage of the 15% pie discount at full time.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not with yesterdays ref. As an ex ref I do not like critising the man in black as I know what a hard job it is, but I will make an exception with yesterdays, he must have been one of the worst refs I have seen .making incorrect decisions the whole of the match aainst both teams

Yes I thought this , some real strange decisions given to both sides. I think this thread is probably related to the ref as well as while forest were a bit niggly they realised that this tactic worked with this ref.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
sorry, you said they were rubbish and came for a point.......... but a rubbish team wouldn't get what they came for!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here