Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Kennedy at the Goldstone in the late 80s

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone else remember this visit from the violin virtuoso Villa defector with the dodgy barnet who thought he'd come and watch his little 'second' club on a day when Villa weren't playing? Sat in the West Stand if mammory serves.

Well it's a Villa thread isn't it!!!?

:angel:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Away from his musical career, Kennedy jogs and is a passionate English Premiership football club Aston Villa supporter. As well as being a season ticket holder he can frequently be seen at away matches sitting with fans. Kennedy frequently displays his love for the club as can be seen in all his public appearances, which will see him wearing replica shirts or scarves. He once painted his then Jaguar motor car in their colours, claret & blue, with the words 'Villa Rule' sprayed on the bonnet - a treatment also meted out to various other possessions such as his electric violin

Oh what might have been!

:thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There was a picture of him in the Argus at the time at the Goldstone. Cant remember if North Srand or West Stand. Think it was the North.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I have a vauge recollection of seeing him too, my first season was 1986

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bless lil' Nige: that cat sure 'as done sum cray-zeee fings. Well monsta.

ps Was that before he had that talking cist-thing on his neck?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw him in town driving a beaten up old car painted blue with spray painted Villa slogans in claret. He also used to bif Brix E Smith. He might have been a bit of a twit but he lived the dream for a while.

D

Deleted User X18H

Me and Nige occasionally had a coffee down the Army and Navy stores in George Street in 1985.

Him filtered black three sugars. Me 80's style Rom bouts Cappuccino one sugar. Sometimes shared a tea cake.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
We also had Mark 'Fast Show/Harry Potter' Williams who is also a Villa fan watching us for a while. Remember seeing him at Cardiff for the Playoff final.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
North Stand.. saw him several times near the back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here