Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would be happy to have him around, the guy will always score goals at this level.

Well I wouldn't want us to give Forster 2 years, which is what I suspect that he'd asked for. Of course it is reliant on us getting someone of equal (or better) quality in to replace him (of which neither Holroyd or Davies are at the moment). I suppose it depends upon what the fallback position is. If the question is 'Would you rather have a) Murray and Holroyd or b) Murray, Holroyd and Forster?' then the answer is obviously b).

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
He won't be coming back. Forster burnt all his bridges with Poyet, at least with Calderon he turned down a bigger contract to sign the initial deal he was offered. Plus Calderon was one of Poyets signings.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Never say never could do a job for a year but very very very much doubt Poyet would want him back after the toys out the pram incident and would Forster want to come back?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd have him back in a flash. No chance though. One of the problems to begin with was that Poyet wasn't going to keep him.

The whole Forster thing was badly handled. He went to Gus in January to try and clarify his position and was happy to sign a one year deal and stay on as a coach as he stated in the Argus.

Obviously Gus didn't like this and the rest is history. However if it where a choice between Dickinson, Davies and Holroyd I would choose Forster. I think you need 4 strikers at a club that can all play at the specified level so to have Murray, Forster and sign Barness and our 10 MILLION, 25 goal striker would be excellent.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
I would personally love to have our top scorer for the past 3 seasons back at our club. We said he was past it when he came here but every year he proves us wrong. Class act at this level. Sign him up.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I would personally love to have our top scorer for the past 3 seasons back at our club. We said he was past it when he came here but every year he proves us wrong. Class act at this level. Sign him up.

This, Forster may be old but he guarantees goals, unlike these "up and coming youngsters" who we seem to go through like water.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why start a thread of a player (all be it former) who clearly will not be signing for us?

Did you consider that Calderon would be back?

Fact is Forster should never have gone in the first place and the situation was badly managed and I very much doubt that the issue was a 2 year contract instead of 1 anyway.

The other fact is that we have yet to sign a better striker. Maybe we will by the start of the season and maybe we won't. The fact Poyet did a U-turn with Calderon should mean anything is possible with regard to Forster. Common sense should prevail but I suspect with characters like Poyet and Forster that is unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here