Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice Vid For Bozza

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As someone who works in the Advertising industry I can promise you that the general consensus is that this is a great ad. It wont convince the Ultra Apple geeks to admit they are highly sad but the vast majority of people with an Apple handset who think an iPhone is you know, just a phone will certainly get the message.

Tiresome troll. That's you that is.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What does it matter if people queue up. They're not harming you. They're having a good time, enjoying the atmosphere that comes with a new product launch. Why not just leave them too it. The people wasting time commenting on it are far worse than those that actually do it.

It's no different to parents queuing for toys at christmas, girls queuing for sales in the winter. They're doing no harm. Let them be...

Bunch of saddos FRANKLY (whether it be iphones, call of duty, latest harry potter book etc)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This is a bit similar to the old Mac vs PC ads from Apple. When they were behind and trying to grab some market share, the best way to do it was to have a trendy guy highlighting all of the flaws in the competitions products.

However, if that ad had people using PC's and smug mac users all over the place with a 'Oh my God, we had that last year' attitude, they would have been (rightly) berated. There are ways and means to illustrate that you have a better product than your competitors and trying to poke fun at the monstrous level of hype Apple receives at a product launch isn't one of them in my opinion.

Most of the situations are crap too.

- The 'Bump' app has been on the iPhone (and Android) for god knows how long - it's not new or unique to the GS3.
- Sharing videos? Yawn.
- "We've got a bigger screen than you" - really? It's all just playground tactics.

The fact is that Samsung are pissed off because they got caught copying Apple and they're having a tantrum. What kind of company would spend that much money recreating an entire Apple store just so they could poke fun at their competitors? It's bizarre.

And breathe.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ticks a box for me..... the more that Apple is ridiculed, the better I feel.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Amusing ad.

But what I don't understand is why Samsung fans comsume so much energy getting worked up about apple products, whereas apple users like me are happy to just keep on buying a set of products that we like.

Samsung users do seem a bit obsessed with Apple.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
This is a bit similar to the old Mac vs PC ads from Apple. When they were behind and trying to grab some market share, the best way to do it was to have a trendy guy highlighting all of the flaws in the competitions products.

However, if that ad had people using PC's and smug mac users all over the place with a 'Oh my God, we had that last year' attitude, they would have been (rightly) berated. There are ways and means to illustrate that you have a better product than your competitors and trying to poke fun at the monstrous level of hype Apple receives at a product launch isn't one of them in my opinion.

Most of the situations are crap too.

- The 'Bump' app has been on the iPhone (and Android) for god knows how long - it's not new or unique to the GS3.
- Sharing videos? Yawn.
- "We've got a bigger screen than you" - really? It's all just playground tactics.

The fact is that Samsung are pissed off because they got caught copying Apple and they're having a tantrum. What kind of company would spend that much money recreating an entire Apple store just so they could poke fun at their competitors? It's bizarre.

And breathe.

Good grief it is only an advert, you'll be attacking Korean embassies next!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

And breathe.

As someone who does this for a living I will explain to you why you are wrong, its not having a tantrum, and it is anything but bizarre.

Samsung biggest problem is the perception among the mainstream public is that iphones have much better and more innovative functionilty than the Galaxy. Even bigger is the problem that the Apple brand blinds people to rational thinking on product benefits and price. Therefore Samsung would have put a brief into their agency for an ad that demonstrates that the Galaxy is as good, if not better, than the iPhone, and to try and put a mirror up to the absurdity of Apple blind faith over actually looking at alternatives. They want the non tech geek majority to actually be shaken out of blindly following the crowd and to raise awareness that their product is its equal.

I think that Ad answers that brief almost to perfection, it is miles from just poking fun at Apple or being upset they lost a court case. In fact that court case has actually done Samsung alot of favours it has really soured the Apple brand for a lot of people. Cool and innovative brands dont worry about imitation, they treat it as flattery because they are already far ahead with the next thing. I actually believe that Apple are no longer all about the next big think anymore, rather protect the here and now. Very dangerous territory for them to be in.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have a camera on my new phone.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
That says more about you than anyone or anything else.
Stop getting all Apple defensive..... it says simply that I dont like bullies..... of any persuasion...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here