That is brilliant!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
That is very good :)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Adults queuing for the latest iPhone? Saw that in Brighton early morning once a few yrs back and quite frankly I just thought how very sad it was.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Saw it a day or two back. Amusing, I thought.

Also read it's been widely panned by those in the advertising industry. Poking fun at Apple buyers is not going to endear them to the Samsung cause, and it makes little difference to those who already won't buy Apple.

The line to buy iPhone5 was still the entire length of the mall in Bristol at 11am this morning - presumably the same was true when the far superior Samsung Galaxy S3 launched? No. Oh.

[MENTION=449]Biffer[/MENTION] - has your new 5 arrived yet?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But people just get sucked in to having the latest toy. Oooh I got my iphone on the first day. Thats nice it really is well done you here is your TMLS winner medal. Its no different to all the buzz lightyears, cuddle me elmos and furbys that sell out at xmas. Just the latest fad.

I dont doubt its a good phone (or not dont care really) but why all this queuing nonsense just so you can say I was first. Well whoop de doo.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Love it.

I don't know anyone that queued this year. Knew quite a few that waited for the 4 though. Happy to wait for my 5. In no rush for it. Unfortunately with what we're seeing on the maps, I think this could be the start of the downward curve for Apple...

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Also read it's been widely panned by those in the advertising industry. Poking fun at Apple buyers is not going to endear them to the Samsung cause, and it makes little difference to those who already won't buy Apple.

The line to buy iPhone5 was still the entire length of the mall in Bristol at 11am this morning - presumably the same was true when the far superior Samsung Galaxy S3 launched? No. Oh.

Like the followers of all cults appletards are spectacularly humourless.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
By the way, could those that get the 5 today comment on the scuffing/chipping issue that's being reported with the back of the phone please. Thanks :)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised to see an article on the Argus website about that...

Edit: BINGO: Hundreds queue in Brighton for latest iPhone From The Argus)

Mmmmmm yes. What cutting edge news.

The calculating way in which upgraded technology is put on our shelves is laughable, and they have you eating out of their hands like a cat at a stew pot.

I will buy things, but at half the price once all school girl mania has calmed down.

The must have it now culture has companies taking the p*** out of the consumer quite frankly

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But people just get sucked in to having the latest toy. Oooh I got my iphone on the first day. Thats nice it really is well done you here is your TMLS winner medal. Its no different to all the buzz lightyears, cuddle me elmos and furbys that sell out at xmas. Just the latest fad.

I dont doubt its a good phone (or not dont care really) but why all this queuing nonsense just so you can say I was first. Well whoop de doo.

Wrong. I had no interest in being first, and I was far from it.

If I'd wanted my hands on it early I'd have pre-ordered, had a lie-in and had it delivered to me this morning.

I was just curious to see one of the launch days having never been to one before.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wrong. I had no interest in being first, and I was far from it.

If I'd wanted my hands on it early I'd have pre-ordered, had a lie-in and had it delivered to me this morning.

I was just curious to see one of the launch days having never been to one before.

Ok thats YOUR reason to satisfy your curiosity but why all the queues then. Why not just pre order? Pound to a pinch of shit that they are the people who queue for EVERY launch.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

As someone who works in the Advertising industry I can promise you that the general consensus is that this is a great ad. It wont convince the Ultra Apple geeks to admit they are highly sad but the vast majority of people with an Apple handset who think an iPhone is you know, just a phone will certainly get the message.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Ok thats YOUR reason to satisfy your curiosity but why all the queues then. Why not just pre order? Pound to a pinch of shit that they are the people who queue for EVERY launch.

What does it matter if people queue up. They're not harming you. They're having a good time, enjoying the atmosphere that comes with a new product launch. Why not just leave them too it. The people wasting time commenting on it are far worse than those that actually do it.

It's no different to parents queuing for toys at christmas, girls queuing for sales in the winter. They're doing no harm. Let them be...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here