Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Must be a pretty scary landing too...

phbfab747sxmcabbott.jpg.40802.jpg

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
there not fakes go to www.airliners.net plenty more pictures of similar landings. When you see the size of the airport and its location you will realise why they have to fly so close to the beach.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
plane spotters paradise with real close up noise effect

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
I've seen films of that beach somewhere on the net so I doubt the photos are faked. Why bother?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Large One said:
Mmm, Nice fakes, man. :smokin:

Here's the airport:

SXMShortFinal3-14-05.jpg.29298.jpg.thumb

Suppose that's fake too;)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bwian said:
Here's the airport:

SXMShortFinal3-14-05.jpg.29298.jpg.thumb

Suppose that's fake too;)

That airport shot isn't fake, but it doesn't follow that that is the same airport as the two pics at the top of the thread.

Also, aside from the shadows being totally wrong, the planes are far too low for a landing approach. They land about one third of the way along the runway. Looking at those pictures, they'll only just clear the perimeter fence.

Also, a plane that low would deafen anyone that close, but no-one has their hands over their ears.

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
The Large One said:
That airport shot isn't fake, but it doesn't follow that that is the same airport as the two pics at the top of the thread.

Also, aside from the shadows being totally wrong, the planes are far too low for a landing approach. They land about one third of the way along the runway. Looking at those pictures, they'll only just clear the perimeter fence.

Also, a plane that low would deafen anyone that close, but no-one has their hands over their ears.

But that's a shorter runway than most (Heathrow, Gatwick etc), so would have to land right on the edge of it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Large One said:

Have A Look Here

Especially This One

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
:eek:

That is not right!!! Surely!!! I mean look how that Hydraulics cable is not on tight enuff!! JEEZ!!

:eek:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
That landing is not a fake i went to Skiathos a while ago and the airport is just like that, on the edge of the beach, as for perimiter fences many small airports dont have them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here