Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Womens 400 meters

Excellent:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Just seen it, that was superb, well done ladies!

Gold! :bowdown:
52955.jpg

Silver! :bowdown:
71004.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I would have preffered the white girl to finish first but other than that good news for British Athletics.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Did they put laxatives in the other competitors drinks or something?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Out for a year for missing drug tests. Returns looking like Frank Bruno. One month and five races later, wins gold. She is entering the Tour de France next.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
But will she be allowed to go to the Olympics? The British Athletics rule is that drugs cheats are banned for life from the Olympics. Will they lift this rule if they see her as a medal chance? I bet they manage to somehow back down.

The ban should be for life then people might not risk taking them!

I guess she can probably live with the fact that all the other athletes probably think she is still cheating. I see that Southerton who won a bronze in the heptathlon immediately condemed the girl who came 2nd because she had just returned from a drugs ban. She questioned if perhaps the girl was on drugs as basically once a cheat always a cheat !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know its a technicality, but she wasnt actually banned for taking drugs...he was banned for missing 3 tests in the off season.

Now Yes, that is probably the same thing , however Rio Ferdinand was banned for x months for missing a series of drug tests...he plays for England and has been to teh World Cup.

What is the difference?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I know its a technicality, but she wasnt actually banned for taking drugs...he was banned for missing 3 tests in the off season.

Now Yes, that is probably the same thing , however Rio Ferdinand was banned for x months for missing a series of drug tests...he plays for England and has been to teh World Cup.

What is the difference?

by the look of that christine girl she took drugs that made her strong and fast, on the other hand rio must have been on ketamine

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave

What is the difference?

So why did she miss 3 tests? She was banned the same as if she had failed a drugs test.

No difference to the Ferdinand case. People look to cheat to gain an advantage and if caught you just get a little slap pn the wrist and a few months to put your feet up, so the next cheat thinks, well if that is all you get I will take the gamble!

Caught for drugs should equal life ban IMHO! Miss 3 tests and that equals the same as being caught using drugs - its not difficult!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So why did she miss 3 tests? She was banned the same as if she had failed a drugs test.

No difference to the Ferdinand case. People look to cheat to gain an advantage and if caught you just get a little slap pn the wrist and a few months to put your feet up, so the next cheat thinks, well if that is all you get I will take the gamble!

Caught for drugs should equal life ban IMHO! Miss 3 tests and that equals the same as being caught using drugs - its not difficult!

I do agree with you....but whist a life ban is not in place, you will get these cheats.

I seem to recall the greatest sprinter we have ever had being done for Drugs...Lynford!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rio was banned for 8 months (meaning he missed Euro 2004) for \"forgetting\" to take a drugs test after a training session.

Quite right too.

But will she be allowed to go to the Olympics? The British Athletics rule is that drugs cheats are banned for life from the Olympics. Will they lift this rule if they see her as a medal chance? I bet they manage to somehow back down.

The ban should be for life then people might not risk taking them!

QUOTE]

Christine Ohuruogu must wait up to two months to find out whether her lifetime Olympic ban has been overturned.
The 400m runner, whose ban for missing three drugs tests expires on 6 August, lodged an appeal with the British Olympic Association (BOA) last month.

Triathlete Tim Don successfully had his ban for missing drugs tests overturned by a BOA Appeals Panel in May because of "mitigating circumstances".

Ohuruogu's lawyers will argue a similar case in the hope of winning an appeal.

Ohuruogu could find circumstances in her favour as the BOA is considering lightening punishments for athletes who miss drugs tests.

A BOA spokesperson said Don's case "could be positive for her", but stressed that it did not set a precedent.

UK Athletics performance director Dave Collins, however, remains hopeful a similar exception will be made for Ohuruogu

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here