Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NG Bailey wins multi-million dollar Brighton & Hove Albion stadium deal

Just seen this on t'internet. Boy it looks expensive to kit out Falmer?

NG Bailey has been awarded an US$18.9 million contract to provide mechanical, electrical and information communication technology (ICT) services for the development of a new stadium for English soccer club Brighton & Hove Albion.

The firm will work in partnership with main contractor Buckingham Group to deliver the new stadium by the end of May 2011. The 22,500-seater stadium is being built adjacent to the existing University of Brighton campus.

The scheme will incorporate the club’s office facilities, a club shop, corporate hospitality and conference facilities, as well as education space. Brighton & Hove Albion play in League One of the Football League, the third tier of English professional soccer.

"We have solid credentials in this area, having delivered work at, among others, Cardiff City, Stadium:mk, Liberty and Old Trafford stadia," said Chris Newton, acting chief executive of NG Bailey, to Stadia.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Does that mean more than one phone line for the ticket office?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
oldshop.jpg

Why wasn't the contract given to that LOCAL light shop, just along from Waitrose on Western Road? :tantrum:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
They've missed out the bit about the club museum.

Hiney and The History Man will be after them for sure!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
NG Bailey was one of the main electrical contractors at Gatwick when I was working there. They did a good job keeping on budget and program. Just have to hope that there are not too many variations to the original design as that’s when the cost starts to go up.

Also hope the club have allowed plenty of time to commission the life safety systems - after the various stadium disasters these are now much stricter and the LA / Fire Service will not issue a certificate of occupancy until they are 100% happy.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
No problem. Poker will provide that.

let me help me out with something numnuts. our chairman is not a professional poker player. he's a hugely successful businessman who plays high stakes poker for fun. he's a proper albion fan with family ties to the club that go back 3 generations. he's paying for the stadium with cash not loans. that's 92m straight out of his pocket. that should give you an indication of his wealth. and best of all, the club will not owe a penny of debt to anyone once the stadium is finished - assuming he converts his loans to shares which is highly likely.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
let me help me out with something numnuts. our chairman is not a professional poker player. he's a hugely successful businessman who plays high stakes poker for fun. he's a proper albion fan with family ties to the club that go back 3 generations. he's paying for the stadium with cash not loans. that's 92m straight out of his pocket. that should give you an indication of his wealth. and best of all, the club will not owe a penny of debt to anyone once the stadium is finished - assuming he converts his loans to shares which is highly likely.

You didn't think it was funny, then?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
You didn't think it was funny, then?

i don't think he is aware that you are a closet brighton fan. he probaby thought you were taking the piss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here