Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News of the World - useless wankers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One of their little "snippet" pieces today has a story about Colin Lee, who is apparently launching a takeover bid for Torquay United. All well and good in their obligatory "who-really-gives-a-toss" token journalism stakes they consider for their readership. Except next to it, to draw the attention to they story, they've used the Albions badge.

Now I realise Torquay are the GULLS, whereas we are the SeaGULLS, but you'd have thought someone in their editorial sporting department would've noticed this, or had some kind of f***ing CLUE that next to a story about Torquay United, they have a club emblem that quite clearly states "Brighton & Hove Albion". Oh - sorry, it was next to the 4 page spread on Chelsea, silly me.

Do carry on.

I tell you, if it wasn't for Martin Samuels column, I'd never buy this rag again.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That is pathetic!!

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
I agree. Overpaid writers who can't get the simplest things right. Earlier this season Paul McShane was described as a Scottish forward in a WBA match report. Don't people check their work when finished, f***ing muppets !!:angry:

Dandyman

In London village.
Easy 10 said:

I tell you, if it wasn't for Martin Samuels column, I'd never buy this rag again.

Surely if comes free with your chips ? People don't actually pay money for it, do they ? :ohmy:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This was in addition to their front-page "SHOCK-HORROR-YOU-SHOULD-ALL-BE-DISGUSTED" cover story about one of the sailors who was taken hostage by the Iranians. Apparently he was in a nightclub, playing out a "sickening reconstruction to shocked onlookers" with him being blindfolded and having a toy gun held across his throat. And all this while he brazenly "SWIGGED" from a bottle of Vodka.

Horrifying stuff, I'm sure you'll all agree.
:rolleyes:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Easy 10 said:
This was in addition to their front-page "SHOCK-HORROR-YOU-SHOULD-ALL-BE-DISGUSTED" cover story about one of the sailors who was taken hostage by the Iranians. Apparently he was in a nightclub, playing out a "sickening reconstruction to shocked onlookers" with him being blindfolded and having a toy gun held across his throat. And all this while he brazenly "SWIGGED" from a bottle of Vodka.

Horrifying stuff, I'm sure you'll all agree.
:rolleyes:

Stop buying it then. As you rightly point out it's a pathetic rag.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: News of the World - useless wankers

Dandyman said:
Surely if comes free with your chips ? People don't actually pay money for it, do they ? :ohmy:
I'm already a bit embarrassed buying it. I just like Martin Samuels column in the sports section...but I think this'll probably be the final week now. I'll get something else next week.

Honest.
:blush:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Happy Seagull said:
Why not read his column while in the newsagents, then buy a decent paper?
Dammit, why do some people have ALL the good ideas ?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Easy 10 said:
One of their little "snippet" pieces today has a story about Colin Lee, who is apparently launching a takeover bid for Torquay United. All well and good in their obligatory "who-really-gives-a-toss" token journalism stakes they consider for their readership. Except next to it, to draw the attention to they story, they've used the Albions badge.

Now I realise Torquay are the GULLS, whereas we are the SeaGULLS, but you'd have thought someone in their editorial sporting department would've noticed this, or had some kind of f***ing CLUE that next to a story about Torquay United, they have a club emblem that quite clearly states "Brighton & Hove Albion". Oh - sorry, it was next to the 4 page spread on Chelsea, silly me.

Do carry on.

They called Albion fans 'scum' after York 96 so you shouldn't be reading it in the first place!

C*nts

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Soul Finger said:
They called Albion fans 'scum' after York 96 so you shouldn't be reading it in the first place!
C*nts
If I abandoned every rag that had ever called the Albion 'scum', then I'd have enough to build a ropebridge from here to Paris, or get enough crisp packets to do...something....amazing with. I dunno.

What was the question ?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

Dandyman said:

our local chippy much better taste than that :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ha HAAAA
Otto is playing 'Freebird' on The Simpsons in the school bus, and holding up all the traffic.

MARVELLOUS
:lolol:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Re: Re: Re: News of the World - useless wankers

Easy 10 said:
If I abandoned every rag that had ever called the Albion 'scum', then I'd have enough to build a ropebridge from here to Paris, or get enough crisp packets to do...something....amazing with. I dunno.

What was the question ?

The question was why would you buy the News of World? It's used toilet paer of satan and I am amazed that someone who comes across as intelligent as you would read it, let alone buy it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: News of the World - useless wankers

Jimmy Saville said:
The question was why would you buy the News of World? It's used toilet paer of satan and I am amazed that someone who comes across as intelligent as you would read it, let alone buy it.
I'm amazed that someone who comes across as intelligent as you would think I come across as intelligent. But anyways, I buy it primarily for the sports roundup (you do get lower league match reports), and for Martin Samuels column, cos he's the best hack there is.

However, the weight of SHITE surrounding it is now beginning to depress me, therefore I will be switching. The Times Online is decent during the week, so I might give it a whirl next Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here