Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Vs Arsenal

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What about the ones that left early? Hee hee.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
Bloody embarrassing but no excuses however shit the ref was we shouldnt loose a 4 goal lead, what a brilliant day of football.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
What? Retaliation is a red, regardless of whether the original perpetrator is given a card or not.
I understand that, but what I was saying was that Diaby shouldn't have had to retaliate because the ref should have given the freekick straight away. When I first saw the tackle it didn't look that bad even though it was clear Barton didn't get the ball. But having watched it the second time from the closer angle, it was a seriously dangerous challenge, he could have broken his leg.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I understand that, but what I was saying was that Diaby shouldn't have had to retaliate because the ref should have given the freekick straight away. When I first saw the tackle it didn't look that bad even though it was clear Barton didn't get the ball. But having watched it the second time from the closer angle, it was a seriously dangerous challenge, he could have broken his leg.

So you have just had a go at the ref but then said only after watching it again you thought it was bad?

It was a red card, he had a pop at two players.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
Can't complain about Diaby getting sent off, and losing a 4 goal lead can't be blamed on the officials alone. That said, it was terrible refereeing, with the 2nd penalty just being ridiculous. Van Persie was completely axed into the air and nothing given at one point. Barton was pushing the limits as always and the tackle on Diaby was obviously dangerous, reminscent of the Shawcross one on Ramsey, although I thought Barton did get his toe on the ball first when I saw it (getting the ball first means nothing though ofc). The first penalty was a bit soft, but I've seen worse, the second penalty however, it came across as if he heard the crowd have a go and then decided to award it on crowd reaction alone. Not sure how hes going to explain that one if there is a performance review. Newcastle had one in the net disallowed for offside, but he was on, Van Persie the same later.

So many tackles through the back of a player, particularly on Jack Wilshire and Arshavin. Its almost as if the refs think they are allowed to be bullied because they are small. Much the same as I feel they let players like Barton have a few freebies, as they don't want to card them early every match.

Newcastle crowd were outsung by Arsenal away support in the first half (40 odd second goal tends to do that I guess), but were in pretty good voice late in the second and made for an exciting, if controversial finish.

Last edited:

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
I did mention that.

I did forget Nolan floored the Arsenal goalkeeper with a swinging arm after the first penalty when he tried to timewaste, but thats a yellow only when Diabys push is a red.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here