Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle fans...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Apologies for ANOTHER Newcastle related thread but I thought it was worth it. Normally I am the resident closet Newcastle fan on this board but tonight that died...

I live in Newcastle and whilst out tonight I got chatting to some locals about Newcastle going down, Alan Shearer and Mike Ashley etc. I said to them that they only really have themselves to be blame for going down as they simply didn't play well enough.

There response was to continue to blame Mike Ashley, ignoring the fact that he has cleared their debts etc, and then they accused him of being the most prolific ASSET-STRIPPER who has EVER been involved in football.

:eek:

I was SPEECHLESS. How can they believe that when the man has cleared their debt, hasn't sold their ground, and is in the process of upgrading their training facilities.

I have always stuck up for the Geordies before but tonight their ignorance and arrogance finally hit home. A spell in the Championship will do them good.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
they are right though arent they, he got rid of their messiah and brought in an old fashioned manager from bygone days...he may have cleared their debts, but also f***ed it up!

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Right, so you got talking to what, 2? 3? 4? Newcastle fans, with one opinion, yes OPINION, on Newcastle, and your (small) support for the club, has vanished?

I do not get it when people do this. Okay, you're probably not the biggest Newcastle fan! But you have supported them for a while. You go out and speak to a few people, and suddenly they're right and they represent the view of everyone at the club? No, its their opinion. Just 1 of many. You are still entitled to your own!

If you dont agree with them, accept it and ignore it!

Never let what someone else think rule what you think about anything, ever.

:thumbsup:

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Apologies for ANOTHER Newcastle related thread but I thought it was worth it. Normally I am the resident closet Newcastle fan on this board but tonight that died...

I live in Newcastle and whilst out tonight I got chatting to some locals about Newcastle going down, Alan Shearer and Mike Ashley etc. I said to them that they only really have themselves to be blame for going down as they simply didn't play well enough.

There response was to continue to blame Mike Ashley, ignoring the fact that he has cleared their debts etc, and then they accused him of being the most prolific ASSET-STRIPPER who has EVER been involved in football.

I was SPEECHLESS. How can they believe that when the man has cleared their debt, hasn't sold their ground, and is in the process of upgrading their training facilities.

I have always stuck up for the Geordies before but tonight their ignorance and arrogance finally hit home. A spell in the Championship will do them good.

Great

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
He may have got rid of their debts but 4 managers in one season is never a good thing.

1 manager resigned because Dennis Wise was in charge of signings (DW was already there when KK agreed to be manager in the first place)
1 manager had health problems
1 manager was said health problem manager's assistant so got the job by default when health problem manager was admitted to hospital.
1 manager was given job when it became clear that health problem manager would not return that season.

Can't see how any of that is Mike Ashley's fault really...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Newcastle are a travesty of a club and have been for 10 years, sentimental with a penchant for wasting money and no patience. They sacked Sir Bobby and treated Allardyce awfully with the full backing of the Geordie fans. I have no doubt if they had stuck with Big Sam they would still be in the premiership. The players they have signed tend to be big names such as Owen and Viduka and Geremi who are injury prone or prima donas like N'Zogbia then you have plain awful signings with the likes of Luis Enrique and Xisco. Mike Ashley has made mistakes with Wise and Shearer who must be one of the biggest failures in football (considering his talent) with 1 premiership medal in his cabinet and the relegation of Newcastle on his C.V. Will Newcastle do a Leeds and plummet or will they do a Leicester and go straight back up? my feeling is they will struggle to adapt to the championship and could be i for a hard 5 years. Time will tell

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
If Newcastle had kept Allerdyce, they would still be in the prem. Ashley, who has now put the club up for sale again according to news this morning, has admitted to making some dreadful mistakes.

And in my humble opinion, the biggest c**t in all of this was the one keeping his head low....Dennis Wise.

They deserve exactly what they got and it just goes to prove that no club is too big or too good to go down.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Glad to hear the penny has finally dropped, Mr F. Best thing you can do now is to get away from those deluded tossers on a permanent basis. You KNOW it makes sense! :thumbsup:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

Newcastle are a joke of a club and the blame cannot be pointed solely at Ashley. As you say he cleared their debts etc and is in no way, as far as I can see, an asset stripper. Their troubles started when they sacked Booby Robson after finishing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for three years previously (or something like that), after losing the first four games of a season.

As I've said before all this bollocks I hear about 'the Newcastle fans deserve better' is a load of tripe. Try travelling 70 miles to home games, or supporting a club in the conference in a shit ground, or a club facing a winding up order.

They had Premier League football in a beatiful ground with ridiculously high-paid international players and they expect sympathy? They are in the Championship by merit (as has been said), just like Peterborough and Scunthorpe.

I just wish we were there next year to give them a good hiding!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's a shame for the Toon folk, the Geordies love thier football.....oh well shit happens:shrug:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle are a joke of a club and the blame cannot be pointed solely at Ashley. As you say he cleared their debts etc and is in no way, as far as I can see, an asset stripper. Their troubles started when they sacked Bobby Robson after finishing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for three years previously (or something like that), after losing the first four games of a season.

They didn't even lose the first four games of that season, they drew 2 and lost 2. The decision was even more ridiculous when they got in Souness to replace him.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Newcastle are a joke of a club and the blame cannot be pointed solely at Ashley. As you say he cleared their debts etc and is in no way, as far as I can see, an asset stripper. Their troubles started when they sacked Booby Robson after finishing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for three years previously (or something like that), after losing the first four games of a season.

As I've said before all this bollocks I hear about 'the Newcastle fans deserve better' is a load of tripe. Try travelling 70 miles to home games, or supporting a club in the conference in a shit ground, or a club facing a winding up order.

They had Premier League football in a beatiful ground with ridiculously high-paid international players and they expect sympathy? They are in the Championship by merit (as has been said), just like Peterborough and Scunthorpe.

I just wish we were there next year to give them a good hiding!

Greatest Post I've seen in a long time :bowdown::bowdown:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
They didn't even lose the first four games of that season, they drew 2 and lost 2. The decision was even more ridiculous when they got in Souness to replace him.

I remember a load of the thick Geordies bangin' on at the time about how Sir Bobby needed to get the bullet. Now - when quizzed about his sacking - no muggy Mag will admit to ever to being part of the 'Robson Out' brigade. Pathetic bunch of deluded arseholes, the lot of 'em.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I got his autobiography and I've only skimmed through it(it's quite a dull, obviously badly ghost written number) and at the end of 2003/04, when they finished 5th and reached the UEFA Cup Semi Finals, only 5,000 fans stayed for the lap of honour at the end of the season, which Bobby rightly picked up on and thought was wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here