Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle and their Famous fans

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just watching the football league show and I am seeing the stadium with many empty seats :rolleyes:

:laugh:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Just watching the football league show and I am seeing the stadium with many empty seats :rolleyes:

:laugh:

I remember when we used to play Newcastle and there would be nobody at St James. They are notoriously fair weather, this 'devoted' fan thing only comes from BBC who have the back slapping pundit connection e.g. it's the correct thing to say about a bunch of pissed up naked fat northern idiots. Most are there as an excuse to go to the Big Market afterwards and touch up a knickerless binge drinking slut without the wife knowing.

If the media were honest they would call it a mis-managed and corrupt club with exploited fans who only turn up when millions of pounds bring in a bunch of mercenary long haired foreigners to attempt to entertain them. The only one I feel empathy for up there is the fat used car salesman who owns the club. The sooner that club plunges the depths of league football the better. Bring em on!

My tabloid rant aside I do know a lot of great people and freinds that turn up at St James come rain, shine, sleet or snow (some of which used my house up there to park their car) and I have great repsect for them - that aside, I think they'd agree with me.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yeah, and maybe 20 years ago Wolves turned out at the old Molyneaux in Division 4 in front of about 3.5k fans...yet their stadium is now packed to the rafters for the Premiership...what does this prove other than the fact that if you reach the top division you will probably play in front of capacity crowds each week and that when you are relegated some of them won't bother to turn up every week!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Yeah, and maybe 20 years ago Wolves turned out at the old Molyneaux in Division 4 in front of about 3.5k fans...yet their stadium is now packed to the rafters for the Premiership...what does this prove other than the fact that if you reach the top division you will probably play in front of capacity crowds each week and that when you are relegated some of them won't bother to turn up every week!

True. There's nothing wrong with not turning up to watch shite football.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see the thread starters point, they still had 36k there!

Plus I'm sure part of it came from the fact Reading probably didn't take many fans..

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...36k is a pretty large gate for a Championship game!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
...36k is a pretty large gate for a Championship game!

Exactly! And my point also was, Reading probably brought a smaller away contingent than most other teams would.

I personally think 36k is a very good gate, considering the shambles of a summer they've had.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...if they have a good season, and can mount a serious promotion challenge, the stadium will be full again...which is something like 52k if my memory is right!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
...if they have a good season, and can mount a serious promotion challenge, the stadium will be full again...which is something like 52k if my memory is right!

Indeed it is. So they have fared better than their rivals Sunderland, who saw their 50k capacity ground drop to around 30k during their recent spells out of the Prem.

That said I don't think anyone should be knocking clubs that are attracting 30k+ crowds outside the Prem, it is better than some Prem clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here