Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New York

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Off to Noo Yawk in the morning
Does anybody have any suggestions re bars and stuff.
Never been before so we're doing all the touristy things but any suggestions re good drinking places welcome.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
head for the coktail bar in the royalton hotel, unbelievable classy moody mysterious, real qulaity, just stop by for one apple sour

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
gotta go to the carnegie deli for a massive pastrami on rye sandwich lunch, magnificent

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
No worries - you'll have a great time - NY is the best city in the world (after Brighton & Hove!).

:thumbsup:

Regina_George

Is butter a carb? :P
Aug 17, 2009
Brighton
Go out to Staten Island early evening (as mentioned above) Been to N.Y a fair few times and the view never fails to amaze me. Also, if you're up for an immature day, go to their chocolate factories...MnM's store, Hershey's, also go to the Hard Rock Cafe, some of the displays are awesome - mostly a place for cawffeeeee though.
If they have a basketball/hockey game going on at Madison Square gardens whilst you are there - if you're interested go see if they have tickets avaliable - not a highly essential thing to do but it's something.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
As a New York based Seagull check out the following : (in no particular order)

Top of the Rock - much better than Empire State, no queues and better views
East village for bars (anywhere between 6th and 14th street and 1st - 3rd Ave
SI ferry (as mentioned above)
jump on the L train and head to Williamsburg in Brooklyn (where I live)
stroll through central park - top to bottom is best
MOMA, Natural History Museum are great
Island Burgers & Shakes (9th ave and 51st i think - top burger place
Highline park - 14th st to 23rd on 9th ave - brand new and amazing views
Remember your passport in Macys - go to guest services for extra 11% off voucher

if you want any more suggestions then let me know

KAM

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Jimmy’s Corner, 140W 44th Street, just off Times Square. Proper New Yorkers bar run by an ex boxer and at only $4 a pop in midtown Manhattan that can’t be bad. Probably the narrowest bar in town so makes for some interesting encounters with the local totty.

Hire a bike and cycle over Brooklyn Bridge. Head for Brooklyn Heights for great views of the city and heliport.

If you’ve got your lady with you try South Street Seaport at night. Lots of romantic views of the city and Brooklyn Bridge, plenty of shops and just a stone’s throw from the Heartland Brewery which has an awesome selection of beers.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to say, Brighton shits all over new York in terms of bars. Thought I'd imagined it myself, but had this confirmed by several friends!

scooter1

How soon is now?
Jimmy’s Corner, 140W 44th Street, just off Times Square. Proper New Yorkers bar run by an ex boxer and at only $4 a pop in midtown Manhattan that can’t be bad. Probably the narrowest bar in town so makes for some interesting encounters with the local totty.
QUOTE]

I was goiong to say this.... Jimmy the owner was Muhammed Ali's corner man and is a bit of a miserable old goat, but I think thats half the fun. There's always a half decent doris behind the bar too

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
new york

the China Bar and Grill, in the canadian broadcasting building, get your hotel concierge to book a table, packed every night and the best Chinese pan pacific food ever, quite expensive but worth it, also have in Miami and Las Vegas, save up and give it a whirl.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here