Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new york hotels

huddersfieldseagull

Sep 29, 2005
wanting to take the mrs awayfor a special 5 night break in the big apple can anyone reccomend any good 3 or 4 star hotels within reasnable distance of the main attractions? cheers

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Ask virgos haircut, he went there in november. Think he went to ramada plaza new yorker or something like that

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
rospants said:
Ask virgos haircut, he went there in november. Think he went to ramada plaza new yorker or something like that

Shouldn't you be working?

Yep, the Ramada Plaza New Yorker. Great hotel, great value for the Big Apple, great location. Right next to Madison Square Garden on 8th Avenue at 34th Street.

Frutos (NSC version) also enjoys this hotel.

The best way to book it is through Expedia

This is the hotels website.

Last edited:

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Virgo's Haircut said:
Shouldn't you be working?

Yep, the Ramada Plaza New Yorker. Great hotel, great location. Right next to Madison Square Garden on 8th Avenue at 34th Street.

The best way to book is it through Expedia

This is the hotels website.

yep, but my boss is standing next to me and hasnt told me to do any

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Metro hotel i really recommend,Take your breakfast up on the 13th floor roof garden and admire the Empire state building a couple of blocks away.Very central for everything.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
We got a really good deal through AirMiles (paying cash) last year at the Intercontinental The Barclay hotel for our 10th wedding anniversary. Historic NY hotel on the East side of Midtown but only a few minutes walk from Grand Central Station and only a block from a a subway station.

Very grand old hotel (next to the Waldorf) and no complaints at all from us. Although not in the Times Square area most of the main tourist drag wasn't too far to walk and it was also close to 5th Avenue for shopping.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Gansevoort in the Meatpacking District. Pricey but cool. Good for Chelsea, Tribeca, Soho and the Village. Tommy Lee was staying on our floor. Saw Richard Gere in the local bistro.

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
I can agree with the Metro Hotel, stayed there last November for 3 nights. Very central, including Macy's at the end of the street for the missus!!!
Being virtually under the Empire State Building means you can go to the viewing platform before the main rush without having to make special effort to get early breakfast etc.

www.hotelmetronyc.com

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
the W Hotel midtown is excellent, modern and v trendy.

the waldorf astoria is ok, a bit dated. it's almost opposite the W.

four seasons is good too.

Last edited:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Have stayed at the Comfort Inn Midtown on a budget. It is Ok and central but that is about it.

Have also stayed at the Millenium Broadway which was excallent. floor to ceiling windows on the 25th floor looking directly at the ESB.

Also stayed at the Radission Empoire State Buildiang which wa near the Lincoln Centre. OK but no great shakes.

Also stayed at the Milford Plaza which is ok but very touristy.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Perry Milkins said:
Have stayed at the Comfort Inn Midtown on a budget. It is Ok and central but that is about it.

Have also stayed at the Millenium Broadway which was excallent. floor to ceiling windows on the 25th floor looking directly at the ESB.

Also stayed at the Radission Empoire State Buildiang which wa near the Lincoln Centre. OK but no great shakes.

Also stayed at the Milford Plaza which is ok but very touristy.

Yep i have stayed at the Milford Plaza as well and it seemed full of Airline Pilots when we were there. Also stayed at the Pennsylavania and Thirty Thirty.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Yep i have stayed at the Milford Plaza as well and it seemed full of Airline Pilots when we were there. Also stayed at the Pennsylavania and Thirty Thirty.

Was it you that scribed "Palace for the Superbowl" in the loo in room 1756?

I changed the word super to toilet. It seemed to fit better.haw haw haw!!

:p

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Also been to the Ramada New Yorker, excellent hotel, ideally situated for MSG and only a very short walk to ESB. I remember it was quite cheap as well.

rocketman

Jul 26, 2004
I've booked New York and Vegas a couple of times with a local company called americas4uhttp://www.americas4u.co.uk 0800 011 1197. One of the guys there is an Albion STH too so they wont let you down!

They recommended the Beekman Tower to me which was great as all the rooms are suites and the price was good too! Give them a call and they can give you good prices for flights aswell, I think it was Rob that booked it for me last time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
wallington seagull said:
Also been to the Ramada New Yorker, excellent hotel, ideally situated for MSG and only a very short walk to ESB. I remember it was quite cheap as well.

Can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Stayed there last year and am going back again in August.

Friendly staff, competitive rates, perfect location.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here