Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Winger?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Gus - "We are going to move quickly, this week". Anyone got an inside track to who he may be after? If not who would people want? Realistically?

Skills

Aug 4, 2008
Brighton
We don't need to touch your Cox :lolol:

In all seriousness I am glad he is doing well for you guys but I am afraid he will dip in form sooner or later and it takes him a while to pull out of slumps.

Cox will never go higher that League One. I'm pleased he's playing well at Orient because he'll be staying in division one for a while (or league two). e a

However, I am convinced the Albion will be in the Championship next season

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think it would be unwise to chasing a like-for-like replacement. We've seen how many "bigger clubs" have youngsters available on loan, and they turn out to be utter gash, despite being "promising youngsters" or a player they regard as "one for the future".

I don't want to see some average Joe come in and get experience ahead of say, Jamie Smith. Let's not rush, let's get someone in if they are better than what we've already got. But knee-jerk reactions to get someone, anyone, in on loan when the fans demand it, is what got us into trouble under the last couple of managers.

I expect Gus to be far more circumspect than previous managers. It may not be a winger he brings in, it may be another forward, it may be another central midfield, or it may be no-one. If he had someone in mind already for say January if we couldn't get Lua Lua to return, then he may pounce now, but it won't be the mad sort of scramble we've seen under Adams in particular.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I think it would be unwise to chasing a like-for-like replacement. We've seen how many "bigger clubs" have youngsters available on loan, and they turn out to be utter gash, despite being "promising youngsters" or a player they regard as "one for the future".

I don't want to see some average Joe come in and get experience ahead of say, Jamie Smith. Let's not rush, let's get someone in if they are better than what we've already got. But knee-jerk reactions to get someone, anyone, in on loan when the fans demand it, is what got us into trouble under the last couple of managers.

I expect Gus to be far more circumspect than previous managers. It may not be a winger he brings in, it may be another forward, it may be another central midfield, or it may be no-one. If he had someone in mind already for say January if we couldn't get Lua Lua to return, then he may pounce now, but it won't be the mad sort of scramble we've seen under Adams in particular.

I think it will be a left winger to be honest but I see your point. I think he already had one or two targets anyway, he is so thorough that I probably planned for this happening.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably whoever Gus had lined up when it looked like the Lua Lua loan deal might fall through early season

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Hal Robson-Kanu or Michail Antonio, both at Reading and both played in this division before.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Would love Hal Robson-Kanu or Chris Taylor from Oldham, we wont get either of them though, so I will go calling his mate Ray Wilkins, asking for advice on Chelsea youngsters, and us getting one of them, who will come from a nation we dont currently represent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Antonio has been featuring for Reading recently, so he's not going to be available for loan.

Has ASBO Ishy Demontagnac fallen out with Blackpool yet?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Would love Hal Robson-Kanu or Chris Taylor from Oldham, we wont get either of them though, so I will go calling his mate Ray Wilkins, asking for advice on Chelsea youngsters, and us getting one of them, who will come from a nation we dont currently represent.
Chinese ? :p

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think it will be a left winger to be honest but I see your point. I think he already had one or two targets anyway, he is so thorough that I probably planned for this happening.

I don't know if he planned for THIS, but he would have probably had a couple of targets in mind in case we didn't get him back on loan for the second half of the season.

I think he probably will bring in a left winger, but what I'm saying is that we shouldn't get all anxious and start throwing various names around and panic when none of them arrive.

Also, we've had a few formations not always involving Lua Lua from the start so we are not so one dimensional that it has to be a like-for-like swap.

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
I could swear i heard a prem club were in for Bradley Johnson last week which i found surprising given i didn't think he showed too much when he was with us.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Who ever he gets in he will be deemed crap by some on here even before he has kicked a ball in anger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here