Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Vintage Video Clip!

Many thanks to Patrick for supplying this - Willie Irvine scoring the 1972 Goal of The Season. Look under the Downloads/Videos/Misc section and it is at the end of page 2.

http://www.albionarchives.com

The days when the stripes were stripes!

Enjoy! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

PS - If anyone has any footage lying around that may be of interest, please let me know. I'm pretty much covered from 1990 onwards but any stuff prior to that would be great!

Last edited:

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Thanks for that TGC-brought back some great memories for me

(posted by sams dad)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Brilliant, there are some bloody resourceful people on here, great work TGC !

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Fantastic clip! Unfortunately it has totally blown my memory of the event... I was there, in the N/W corner, aged 9... but I am sure he was at least 10 yards further out ! :jester:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Great goal, I would have loved to have been alive to see it mind.

They should get some more Zamora goals up on that site.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It was my first time in the north stand, there were over 32,000 there & it was the f***ing business!!!!!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I remember it clearly. They equalised (Villa had been relegated the previous season and were the division's highest spenders by a country mile) then we won it with a very soft Kit Napier goal.

In those days MOTD only showed one match a program and Third Division games were as rare as Rocking Horse Poo.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
How about Dean Wilkins v Wolves at the Goldstone ina 1-1 draw near Christmas.. it was Dec 89 or Dec 90... quality volley from the edge of the box.

Jam The Man said:
How about Dean Wilkins v Wolves at the Goldstone ina 1-1 draw near Christmas.. it was Dec 89 or Dec 90... quality volley from the edge of the box.

New clips will need to wait a few weeks as I've packed all my DVD's. I'll do another request session when I'm settled.

I think that is a year too early for my coverage :-

MatchDate MatchDay Comp Venue Result Score HT Scorers Attendance Team Referee SentOff
1989-12-09 Sat. FL D2 (h) D 1-1 0-0 D.Wilkins 9817 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
okey dokes... cheers!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Jam The Man said:

The one I would love, if it exists, is Deano's consolation 30 yard free-kick in our 6-1 drubbing at Oldham around 1990/1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here