Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New USA manager Pochettino.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well football being football one should never be surprised as to what goes on, but surely staying in the European set-up would have been a better option. Unless it came down that old Chestnut money and plenty of it ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Good job that, the size of the damn place they should be swimming in talent soon as the youth set ups start reaping rewards.

I would be so bold to say, thanks to Southgates negative approach to two finals, I predict the USA will win a trophy before England do....

There I have said it....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well football being football one should never be surprised as to what goes on, but surely staying in the European set-up would have been a better option. Unless it came down that old Chestnut money and plenty of it ?

I assume the US are throwing loads of money at it, with the WC coming up, they were truly awful this summer, completely out performed who made it to the Semis , under Jesse Marsch who the Yanks opted against and went with Gregg Berhalter who dropped out at the group stage.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I assume the US are throwing loads of money at it, with the WC coming up, they were truly awful this summer, completely out performed who made it to the Semis , under Jesse Marsch who the Yanks opted against and went with Gregg Berhalter who dropped out at the group stage.

It truly was a horrible performance by the USMNT.

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
Good job that, the size of the damn place they should be swimming in talent soon as the youth set ups start reaping rewards.

I would be so bold to say, thanks to Southgates negative approach to two finals, I predict the USA will win a trophy before England do....

There I have said it....

Unless they can get it to be a top 3 sport in the US, I just can’t ever see it happening.

You see more and more kids becoming interested / playing, but as soon as they hit a certain age they switch to one of the other sports.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
USMNT’s day of hope coincides with a flub
Yesterday was supposed to be a great day for the USMNT. Mauricio Pochettino, a manager draped in English Premier League glory, is officially the team’s coach for the 2026 World Cup run. Huzzah, right?

Elsewhere last night, the team he'll take over happened to play a friendly against lowly New Zealand, and it ended in a disastrous 1-1 draw, days after another putrid performance against Canada. Just look at last night's equalizer in the 89th minute:
Regardless, the day should still be a positive one for the program. Paul Tenorio and Adam Crafton wrote the definitive story of how “Poch” got hired, thanks to assists from new USWNT manager Emma Hayes and Argentinian steak.

Also: In the latest “The Athletic FC” episode, the crew wondered if Pochettino is the right fit for the USMNT. Smart stuff in there.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

There I have said it....
They call the Superbowl winners the 'World Champions' so that's not such a bold statement...

Maybe the South Dakota under 13's girls team will be their first 'World Champions' when they win their league

ps good start for the Lions (y)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here